Spectralayers 10 not showing up in Cubase 12 (Audio/Extension) - solution Windows

Hi,

So I installed Spectralayers from the Download Assistant and that installs Spectralayers to the default location being C:/Program Files… However I wanted to have it in D: so I installed it manually. Then the ARA plugin didn’t show up in Audio/Extensions. of Cubase

I copied the Spectralayers.vst3 file found in the ARA/VST3 folder where you have Spectralayers to the Common Files/VST3 folder where all VST3 plugins reside and then started Cubase and lo and behold the ARA extension was recognized and functions without problems.

Hint to the developers/packagers. Add the option where to install the VST3 during the setup procedure and locate the default VST3 folder by searching the registry key of Cubase for that path.

Cheers,
SpeedyGonzales

2 Likes

That’s where SpectraLayers installer automatically copies its VST3 plugin as well (%CommonProgramFiles%\VST3 which on most machine points to C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3)

thanks, SpeedyG! Same problem after first fixing the problem of Elements 10 showing up as Elements One , after upgrading to Cubase 13 (which was solved by uninstalling previous versions of Cubase and re-authorizing and installing SpectraLayers Elements). Then it only showed as a standalone, but not as an extension in Cubase. Then copied and moved the Spectralayers.vst3 as you described above, restarted Cubase and bingo.