SpectraLayers 7.0.10 update available

Dear Forum members,

We are happy to announce the immediate availability of the first maintenance update for Spectralayers Pro and Elements 7.

This update solves many compatibility issues with some VST 3 plug-ins as well as improving the stability of the application both as standalone and in ARA mode.

We recommend all SpectraLayers 7 users to install this update as soon as possible.

You can download it from the Steinberg website and via the Steinberg Download Assistant.

For detailed information, please refer to the corresponding version history.

Thanks for keeping word! :slight_smile:

Gonna install this now…

ow sooner than expected, nice! and at the day, i can really use my studio again after the heatwave! so i am gonna play! thanks!!!

Still impossible scrubbing my Audio after having worked on it with Spectralayers.

Hi Flohre, as mentioned in your topic, it’s a Cubase issue in this case.

Spectral Layers Pro 7 is Finding Drums on a Piano Robin.

Is that the only problem you’ve encountered since the patch? If so, it sounds like everything’s basically fixed.

It seemed it the Ai Was Confused by the paint Parts of Paint was put in bass and other ass well was not expecting this to happen.

Apparently, I didn’t phrase my question clearly.

This is a Thread from:

Luis Dongo
Marketing Manager - Pro Audio
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

I think he should also know, there is a problem (or some). That´s why i replied to his Post.
By the way, when i post this Thread in the Cubase-forum, then i´m told that it´s a Spectralayers-topic, not a Cubase-Topic :smiley:

Update seems stable. I’m not thrilled about the offline VST3 processing, but at least SL Elements supports VST3. Izotope RX doesn’t support it at all.

Addendum: 27 Sep. Don’t know why, but SL Elements 7 consumes a lot more RAM than programs of mine performing similar functions, e.g., Reaper with declicker and NR plug-ins. SLE also struggles with really large files, even at 24/48 – a lot of lag in rendering, starting playback after the rendering is done. Oddly enough, the problems seem worse when I’m using the SLE alone than when I’m using it with Reaper. You’d think it would be the other way around.

The declicker in RX 7 beats the hell out of the SLE declicker, but the SLE denoiser is VERY nice, and extremely easy to use. I find the spectral repair tool in Reaper a bit easier to use than SLE eraser tool. I think I just can’t maneuver the eraser tool precisely enough to take full advantage of it.