SpectraLayers 8.0.20

Just a simple question: how to move to new licensing system? Thanks.

According to the FAQ, it will happen upon a major update. I don’t have the link handy, but search FAQ licensing

They had put the announcement of the update on Facebook and it said this:

“Today we have released a new maintenance update for SpectraLayers. the 8.0.20 update fixes a few minor issues in different areas of the application, this update also offers native Apple silicon support, as well as the new Steinberg Licensing system.”

They have now removed the Steinberg Licensing from the post. However, I have done the test, and if I disconnect my USB e-Licenser (where I have the license) and open SpectraLayers Pro 8.0.20, the Steinberg Activation Manager opens, so I understand that it is ready to be activated by the new licensing system. I suppose it will be a matter of preparing it for Cubase 12 and SpectraLayers One.

Well there you have it! Is it activated, are you able to run the Pro version?

Did you get an Activation button in the SAM? Click it.

I can open it with the e-Licenser as usual. If I disconnect it, the SAM opens to activate it, but the license to be activated does not appear. I suppose that for this you will have to enter some code that changes the license of the e-Licenser to ‘Not upgradeable’ and complete the whole process to migrate the license, as with Dorico 4. But that means that at least it is ready for the new system .

I presume something went wrong after they made that announcement, and they are allowing users to use the software license on the old system while they fix.

Purely a guess on my part.

March 2022

This version contains the following improvements and issue resolutions:

• SpectraLayers 8.0.20 now offers native Apple Silicon support.
  • An issue has been resolved where merging a layer into another layer with inverted phase would not work as expected.
  • Performing audio modifications when no layers are selected in ARA mode no longer renders the application unreliable.
  • An issue has been resolved where a blank dialog would appear behind the Noise and EQ registration progress bar when applied to long selections.
1 Like

It looks like Update 3 solved my ARA problem in Reaper. I wondered what was causing that.

Anyone know when SL Pro 8 will be able to use SAM?

I suspect the next major releases of each product will migrate, so SL9, whenever that’s due.
As usual, whoever might know can’t tell, and whoever tells, doesn’t really know.

You will know when you can snatch the pebble from my hand…

It would be nice of Steinberg to let us move to SAM in SL8, considering he’s prepared to support it. But But I get the feeling they’re going to cash us in if we want the benefits of SAM. What are we going to do, business, I guess…