SpectraLayers 9 crashes Cubase 12 (Please HELP!)

Hi there :slight_smile: !

I’ve activated SpectraLayers Pro 9 on my system and now it’s impossible to open any Cubase 12 projects that include ARA2 SpectraLayers editings.

I need to solve this right away because I’m in the middle of a mastering job for a client who needs to have the project finished inmediatly.

Please help!

Kind regards.

@albridi Hi, what platform are you on ? (windows/mac)
Can you open SpectraLayers 9 standalone, and click Help > Support Info > Logs Folder and upload all the files here ?

Hi @Robin_Lobel, thanks for your answer :slight_smile: .

I’m running Windows 10 on PC.

Yes, the standalone app seems to work fine. Regarding the logs, I’ve sent them to Steinberg and I’m waiting their response on the information they contain.

Kind regards.

@albridi Please send them to me, I’m the developer of SpectraLayers. If you don’t want to post them in this thread, you can send them to me in PM or by email to contact [at] divideframe (dot) com.

1 Like

Thanks @Robin_Lobel, I’m sending you a PM :slight_smile: .

Regards.

An update: I recovered the project by moving the SpectraLayers VST3 out from the Common Files/VST3 folder and removing all ARA edits from the tracks. Then I saved it with a new name.

Of course, this is not the ideal scenario, but at least it is not the worst.

Anyway, if there could be a solution to recover the projects with all previous editions, that would be much better :slight_smile: .

Regards.