Spectralayers audio not aligning with the visuals

Anyone else noticing this? When I send audio to RX it works perfectly, but with Spectralayers what I hear is always a little bit ahead of what the visuals show making it difficult to figure out exactly where the sound I want to fix actually is. It’s like there’s latency but changing my buffer size makes no difference. Is there a trick to this?

Seems fine in standalone mode so I’m wondering if this is an issue with ARA?

Thanks,
Jason.

I can confirm that problem. Significant latency with Spectralayers One that came with Cubase11. I don’t have a problem in either IzotopeRX(standard) or Wavelab10Pro: no latency between visual and audio with either of those.

Seems my problem is the inverse of yours though: the Spectralayers visual is ahead of the audio. I’m getting this in standalone mode. However, when scrubbing it’s in sync.

Looks to be at least 250ms BTW

Can confirm here too. Best to add this into the spectral layers forum as the developer replies to everything.

Same problem in Spectralayers Elements and Pro too.

I figured out a solution that works for me. If I click on the Constrain Delay Compensation button it shuts down the heaviest plugins and the timing got almost perfect. Then if I lower my buffer to 256 or less, it’s pretty much bang on. I went ahead and bought the Elements version because it seemed like a useful upgrade to be able to use the erasing tool and noise reduction functions.

Confirming that YES it helps, but let me ask you:

do you see jerky movement of cursor or it is my system ? Tying to figure that out. Tried t use RX3 from within spectral layers, crashed nuendo.

Honestly, perhaps I still need to learn a lot about SL, but I cannot say anything good about spectral layers so far. To me even RX3 is much better. :slight_smile:
What do you think?

macpro2009 24 gig Ram, 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, high sierra