SpectraLayers error on load in C Pro 11.0.0

Loading SpectraLayers VST on an audio track in the fully-authorized Cubase Pro 11.0.0 shows a “Serious Error” dialog box and then demands to authorize God-knows-what by opening eLicenser, but everything has already been authorized and this is a BAD catch 22.

Steinberg, please fix ASAP!

Thank you!
Cubase 11.0.0.300 64bit 2020.11.26 2.56.20.610.dmp (615 KB)

Hi,

Could you share the mentioned DMP file, please?

It’s shared in the above post. Thank you!

Hi,

Are you sure you have installed SpectraLayers One, not the Full SpectraLayers, please?

Spactralayers freezes at Preparing Data… when I open it.

Hi and welcome,

This is known and already reported issue. Thank you.

This issue appears only, if you are using some non-english letters (like üöäěščřžýá…) in the path, where your project is stored.

Hi Martin,

Follow up (still not resolved, please see below) :

• turns out I had a Spectralayers full demo installed a few months ago and it has since then expired;

• I have now uninstalled that demo, started C Pro 11 again and there’s no Spectralayers One visible anywhere within Cubase, including in block list. Refreshed the block list, Spectralayers One is still not there and cannot be found in the plugins list (either visually and by searching) from within an audio channel window;

• I have now re-installed C Pro 11 AND its components (an optioned selected during the install);

• there’s no Spectralayers One visible anywhere within Cubase, including in block list;

• I have now completely uninstalled C Pro 11 from the system, then restarted the PC, renamed the originally-downloaded Cubase Pro 11 to “originally downloaded”, then downloaded C Pro 11 FULL VERSION from scratch (previously I’ve downloaded and installed the upgrade from 10.5 version) from within the Steinberg Download Assistant and installed from within there. The install went well. I’ve started Cubase Pro 11 and there’s still no Spectralayers One visible anywhere within Cubase, including in block list. Refreshed the block list, Spectralayers One is still not there and cannot be found in the plugins list (either visually and by searching) from within an audio channel window.

I would highly appreciate it if you amazing guys at Steinberg could, please, resolve this.

Thank you!

Where do I get Spectralayers? I thought it is included in C 11 Pro?

This guy shows it in MAC. Is it a part of Pro or not?
the same with Rev.

Hi,

Download SpectraLayers One directly from the Steinberg Download Assistant application, uder Cubase 11 page, please.

Hi Martin,

Downloaded and it works well as a standalone. So, is it not supposed to work as a plugin within Cubase 11? I still can’t find it there…

Thank you!

Hi,

SpectraLayers One should work in your Cubase 11.

Can you see it in the Studio > More Options > System Component Information > Extensions. Can you see SpectraLayers here?

I see it there! And now I understand how it works within Cubase. I originally expected it to be available in the Inserts, but it’s accessible through right-clicking on an audio segment.

Thank you so much for your help, Martin! Steinberg support is the best!!!

Alex

1 Like

Hi,

Yes, this is ARA plug-in (extension). You can access it either via right-click or you can access it from the Info Line, once you select the Audio event.

1 Like

You’re the best, Martin!

1 Like

So Spectralayers previously opened in my Cubase Pro 11 (so I’m assuming it was Spectralayers 1). So then I got an update is available message. I went to Download Assistant where the only choices are 7 or 6. So I loaded 7. Mistake? Anyway, when I go to it in Cubase, it’s grayed out. I do see the Spectralayers in my VST 3 folder. And in the Info line, sometimes white lettering (when one event is selected), sometimes orange (when multiple events are selected). Thanks for whatever help you can offer.

Where did you see the message prompt…? Email notice perhaps.?

If you know you’ve never bought SL Pro or Elements, then maybe you’ll want to just ignore. It will be safe to uninstall whatever it was that you loaded and you should be back to where you were (SL One v7, running inside Cubase). There is no update for SL One to v8 (yet.!)

Thanks. I think I got it figured out.