Spectralayers One manual

Is there a manual for this version of Spectralayers? When I go to the manual from the help menu, it is the full version, so many features are not relevant.

1 Like

When I started out with Spectralayers Elements, I had to cull the relevant info from the .pdf manual, i.e. cross out the stuff that was Pro only. I’m guessing you’d have to do with the same thing re One, but I don’t know.

Hello? …

Try this

https://download.steinberg.net/downloads_software/SpectraLayers_7/SpectraLayers_One_7_Operation_Manual.pdf

Its got wrong info like this…

Unmix Stems
• Automatically unmix a layer into its vocals, piano, bass, drums and “other” stems. See Unmixing Layers.

Nope … just Vocals. You can do the whole unmix with a $15app on an iPhone! Pretty sure the process is based on Open Source stuff from MIT.

On the whole SL One is very disappointing especially if you are a Nuendo customer who pays a premium for "post production " features ( ie mainly repair ! ) up front. And updating to a better version is questionable value. You’ll get a lot more done for thew money with Izotope RX 8 Elements Suite.

Just my 2c

I am running Cubase 10 on an iMac 10.13.6 with all RAM slots in use 16G i5 w/intel. I just started using IZotope RX 8 Elements (de-click feature) and am having some very bad latency problems. I tried cleaning up an audio bass guitar track via the “plug-in” in the “inspector” and although it worked wonders I am unable to edit the rest of my project in detail due to the latency of the “play” button in Cubase. It lags about 2 seconds…so then I decided to use the “direct offline processing” aspect of the RX 8 Elements software from the drop-down menu in Cubases “Audio”>“plug-ins” feature and I have been waiting for over 4 hours for a 3 minute song. There are 10 tracks that have 3-6 passes on each track. Is this normal? Do I have to wait till the RX 8 Elements software stops “clicks repaired” its finally stopped at over 47000, and I left everything at its standard settings for “multi-band random clicks”. Is there a quicker way?

HI

You might be on the wrong forum board here … but I use the Isotope RX 8 Elements too. Admittedly in Nuendo 11 but not that different. I’m on a 2017 iMac …

The playback latency is normal when using the de click module, especially in the advanced , random modes. I think it has to look ahead quite a way to keep up with playback.

In the Direct offline processing it also takes a while to apply ( maybe about the same length as the track )… and if you are running 10 tracks with 6 passes on each them I would think the required time would be considerably longer. Try one pass on one track then multiply by the number of passes and number of tracks. So if one pass on one track takes 3 mins, then 3 mins x 6 passes x 10 tracks equals 180 minutes. So 3 hours. If your processor is slower /older 4 hours isn’t out of the ballpark.

( sorry I have to ask … what is it you have recorded that is so 'clicky"? Or are you using declick as some kind of effect? )

In my workflow I event to insert the plug in then use Nuendo’s Render In Place function to ‘freeze’ the track. Not sure if that’s an option in Cubase. Seems to render more quickly. No idea why.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Thank you so much for your feedback, yes that makes sense (even as I wrote it I started to think…hmmm, that is a lot I am asking all at once) but it’s good to hear it from another user.
I have recorded an electric bass I borrowed (first time recording guitars, most production is with VSTs) so there are some clicks at the end and beginning of separated events (it is almost like it’s an issue of too much change happening at once).
At this point it has finished but still has some clicks in those same areas sometimes, now I have just shortened the event and cut that piece out.
I am a newbie so rendering I have not used yet and don’t understand the use for it at this point but I would gladly take advice and direction of when and why to use it. It is available on Cubase.
Thanks again!