Spectralayers Pro 7 Demo version crashes on "Unmix Stems"

I downloaded the demo version yesterday Nov 15, my wife willing to buy the full version for me for Christmas. The first 3 or 4 times I tried this feature it seemed to work for me, today it crashes SL7 every time I try it. I can load the song into SL7 and play it fine, but when I try to “Unmix Stems” it will crash every time, for each song I load in.

I’m using an up-to-date version of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, and i7 with 32GB RAM, a 500GB SSD, and Focusrite 18i20 audio. SL7 defaulted to WASAPI driver, I changed to ASIO, both fail at “Unmix Stems”. Can anyone help? I feel like my Christmas is slip, slip, slipping away from me…

Wade
NW IL.

Further Info:

Have learned a couple of things about my problem:

1. The Focusrite ASIO driver does not play nice with Spectralyers Pro 7, had to go back to WASAPI driver, I’m not sure if that’s a bad thing or not.
  2. Bit resolution of the input file cannot be below 44.1 (or, maybe the file has to match the resolution setting?) or it appears SL will die trying to Unmix. Now that I know about it, I can live with this, really didn’t know a few of my songs were less than 44.1k.

Wade
NW IL

1. That’s why WASAPI is the default mode, it’s a more straightforward audio API. Generally speaking, if your audio device can work in WASAPI, I would recommend to keep using that mode.

2. What sample rate were you using that made unmix crash?

1. What sample rate were you using that made unmix crash?

In testing and getting acquainted with SL Pro 7, I believe some of the tunes in my mp3 library that I randomly tried were sampled at 22k. They would play fine, but cause the program to crash when I tried to “Unmix”.

I don’t have a problem using WASAPI, but have had no experience with it. And, it’ll be the only audio program I own that doesn’t use ASIO. Sonar Platinum, Sound Forge, Wavelab Pro 10, and even Windows 10 using Focusrite ASIO. Thank you for the advice, Robin.

Wade C
NW IL

Mine isn’t working either using WASAPI or ASIO (Focusrite) -_-, sample rate is at 48k