Spectrometer Discussion

I’m looking for some feedback on the Spectrometer within Wavelab 9.5. I’ve been using Flux for a good while for help with EQ and loudness. I’ve grown to love the loudness meter. As for the EQ side of things, I’m having a little trouble getting the Spectrometer to show something useful for mastering. Could be a settings issue, or the tool isn’t built for what I’m looking to do.

Generally I’ve used Flux Pure Analyzer to do some slow averaging with the spectrum analyzer to look for broad issues. I can’t seem to get the Spectrometer in WaveLab to do a similar thing. There is also a weird thing with the frequency readout along the bottom. I have no idea what range I should set the meter to, to get some rounded numbers. Check the image below to see what I mean. Reads out at very bizarre intervals.

Let me know if anyone is using the Spectrometer for mastering and how. I’d love to move completely in the box and not rely on 3rd party metering if possible.

Thanks,
Christopher

I don’t have an answer for you but I also use Flux Pure Analyzer and if WaveLab could add something like the Spatial Spectrogram that Flux Pure Analyzer has, that would be amazing.

I used that spatial spectrogram a lot in Flux. Once I tried to move to only WaveLab tools, I didn’t mind not having it. I realized I wasn’t really making any moves based on it since I had it set to a relative boldness. I was trying to use it to set elliptical low end mono filters, but I don’t think I ever saw any reproducible trends. Again, I think having it set to relative was making it hard to use, but it makes it “look better”? I dunno.

Let me know if there is something you are using that tool for.