Specturalayers not listed in “my products”

I purchased and installed Specturalayers Pro 9 just a few minutes ago. I received my download code and used it in the download manager and installed it. Then I activated it in Steinberg Activation Mananger and everything works fine.

The only strange thing that happened is that Specturalayers Pro 9 does not show up in the “My Products” area on the download manager. Is this what typically happens with Specturalayers?

No. SL8 Pro is listed on my interface.

Did you install an upgrade to SL9? If so, is SL9 listed in “my products”?

I purchased SL9 as a crossgrade, not as a full-price new copy. I entered the download code in the download manager and then had to go to the Specturalayers drop down menu to install it. Once I installed it I went to Steinberg Activation Manager and was able to successfully activate it on two of our iMacs.

Perhaps the fact that I bought a crossgrade license is why it’s not listed in “my products”. Anyone from Steinberg here that can provide info on this?

Thanks everyone.

No. I only have SL8 Pro, and WaveLab Cast, and both are listed. There isn’t a lot about this SL9 rollout that makes sense to me. Steinberg seem a little distracted.

Thank you very much for your help.

Everything (Cubase Pro 12, WaveLab Pro 11.1 and Specturalayers Pro 9) are all installed correctly, activated and working fine so I really don’t have a problem of any major magnitude. I just found it strange that Cubase Pro 12 and WaveLab Pro 11.1 both show up in “my products” in the download assistant but Specturalayers Pro 9 does not.

Have a great 4th of July if you are in the US. If not, have a great day none-the-less.