Spiccato works great in BBCSO and Orchestral Tools, but not so much in EastWest

I’m trying to figure out why my little test in Dorico works great for the BBCSO Core Celli instrument and the ‘Low Strings’ in Orchestral Tools (OT) Berlin I, but not in EastWest Opus Gold. I don’t have this same problem with longs. My .dorico file is attached below.

Scenario: Eight measures of an ostinato pattern using spiccato playback technique, with a long crescendo for the duration from pppp to mf.

BBCSO (Violincello I): Works great but the sound reminds me of the slight reverb and closed sound in a tunnel, not as open and free as the sound in Orchestral Tools, but in all fairness, I’m using the ‘Low Strings’ in Berlin 1.

EastWest (Violincello 2): It works, but only if I change the expression map for Celli to use only velocity, which makes sense for a short, but is rather limiting. Maybe I’m doing something wrong when I try to use CC 1 & CC 11? Can someone help me out here? CC1 & CC 11 work great with BBCSO and OT. I also had to change the curve to the velocities to increase everything overall to make the crescendo more pleasing and obvious. I mean we are talking about five gradations of dynamics here. I was able (after writing the majority of this post) to go back and turn on the ‘close’ mics for the celli which improved things substantially; I didn’t realize they were off my default.

Orchestral Tools (Violincello 3): Brighter, more open and spacious than either of BBCSO and EastWest. This is my much preferred version, but the SINE player is a little more convoluted than anything else I’ve seen, but as long as you accept their defaults you should be okay. However, their new SINE player is MUCH better than the old ‘Capsule’ plugin which left much to be desired.

I’ve attached the full Dorico file if someone can help me out here?

Celli Spiccato Testing.dorico (2.2 MB)

I realize not everyone is going to have all three sample collections, but any help provided will be greatly appreciated.