Spinning Wheel / Crashing

Hello all,

I’m putting together a method book which requires going back and forth between a guitar staff and a single-line staff. After reading a few posts, the community seems to have concluded that a player holding an unpitched percussion and a guitar would be best.

As you can see, even as I begin my fourth flow, Dorico is struggling quite a bit. My initial intent was to capture a video of how a would get the Mac spinning wheel whenever I do something as trivial as click on a text I’ve created, meaning it’s unusable after about a minute of work… In this case, Dorico just crashed outright.

I’m completely at a loss… I’ll post my laptop info and all that, but this hasn’t been an issue apart from this project. Is what I’m working on really that demanding on the program? Should I be doing something any differently?

macOS Catalina 10.15.7
Dorico 4.3.20.1130

As always thank you for your guidance,
Alex

Could you please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and upload the resulting zip file here so I can get a look at the crash reports? Many thanks!

1 Like

Certainly! Thank you.

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (813.5 KB)

You’re running into a crash that we have seen before – I will send you a private message with a potential solution.

This problem is also fixed in Dorico 5, if you were thinking about updating to the latest version anyway.