split beams every eight note in a 3/4 bar

Hi,
I try to figure how to split beams on every eight note in a 3/4 bar. The popover 3/4 [0.5+0.5+0.5+0.5+0.5+0.5] doesn’t work. I assume it only does with integers. What would be the smartest way to do that. I tried to get the right beaming while entering the notes but I had a tied note, I couldn’t change. I had to untie every note, then set the beaming and then tie it again which took forever.

Thanks
Frank

You could try a time signature of [1+1+1+1+1+1]/8, though of course this will appear as 6/8 instead of 3/4, but you could insert a 3/4 time signature in the first bar and fix the beaming manually there, then use [1+1+1+1+1+1]/8 in the second bar and hide the time signature there, which should then hopefully produce appropriate results thereafter.

Don’t forget that if you need to select individual noteheads within a tie chain, you should be able to do it in Engrave mode. I can’t remember with absolute certainty that e.g. Split Beam will work on such a selection in Engrave mode, but I believe it should.