Split tool results confusing

Hello all.
I was trying to do a simply audio edit just to see if one way is better than another. I wanted to simply drag out the end of one section of the song as it flowed into another section. There is a piano part that I considered waiting for four more beats before starting the next section of the song so I used the split tool to duplicate the trailing end of the piano track. But rather than each duplicated section flowing into the next there were tiny amounts of silence between each duplicated section despite the fact that they are butted again one another. Anybody know what would cause this behavior? Something I’m doing wrong?
C

Hi,

Are you taking about MIDI Parts or Audio Events, please? They behave differently in some cases.

Oh sorry. In this example I was talking about audio events. I simply cut them and pasted the cut portions end to end and there is a audible gap even though they were placed end to end. I’ve been editing video and audio with many different software tools but haven’t run into this before.

Hi,

How exactly did you Paste it? Cubase pastes to the Cursor position. Are you sure, the Cursor was at the end of the Audio event? Did you snap to event?

In this case the easiest way is to Duplicate the event.

2 Likes

I thought I duplicated it but the sample rate between the audio interface and Cubase was not the same so I wonder if that had something to do with it. I’ll try this again and see what the results will be. Thank you.
C