Spurious Controller signals on record

I’m getting controller changes on record even though I’m not moving the controller sliders

I reinstalled the driver for the controller (Kord nanoKONTROL 2)

What might be causing this?

Hi,

Do you get big range of the values? Or is it +/-1? Is it one specific slider/encoder or do all of the sliders send the values?

Do you have the MIDI input set to just your nanoKontrol or “All MIDI Inputs”?
If you set to Input: nanoKontrol, do you still have this problem?

Hi,

The Channel settings is not related to the Input at all. This settings is on the Output side only.

They are random, all over the place. It’s just one controller.

Also, this is only a recent problem. I’ve been using it fine for a couple of years.

Hi,

Could you try to use any 3rd party MIDI Monitor (MIDI Monitor on Mac or MIDIOX on Windows) and observe, if nanoKONTROL sends the data.

Hi Martin,

Yes, the nanoKONTROL2 is sending data when it shouldn’t be - I had Pocket MIDI to test on but I downloaded MIDIOX and that shows it too. (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit)

I tried a new USB cable but it still doing it.

Hi @dman2014 you’re choices are to try to clean the Korg device, or replace it.

There’s not much else that can be done.

Any recommendations in similar price bracket of Korg nanoKONTROL 2 ?

It’s the sliders I use the most.

Hi,

Just buy a new piece, if you like it. Isn’t it still in the production? I also have second unit already.

1 Like

Martin says exactly what I would have said! Don’t waste time shopping around when you know what works for you.

I can’t seem to find one in stock that can be delivered quickly (UK). Even Korg UK don’t have any in stock.