SSL UC1 + UF1 or X-Touch One

Hi guys,
desperately need your help, please !
I’m not new to MIDI controlling Cubase, atm I’m using a beautiful team of Console 1 Channel III, 2x BCR2000 via GR, Frontier Tranzport and a Faderport Classic - 100% reliable and tightly integrated, including track follow.
Recently added an SSL UF1, as HQ replacement for my ancient Faderport which is ready for retirement.
While the UF1 hardware is a stunning piece of engineering (and the reason I will keep it), the SSL software concept (MCU + 360°) is a total mess, not suited to a single channel controller by any means, imho.
Massive thanks to @bjoluc for his wonderful script, which goes a long way towards making the UF1 mentally sane - almost. Please allow me a handful of questions that still drive my nuts right now …

  1. the biggest gotcha - how can I set up the pan to be hardwired to “pan and nothing else”, and the 4 V-Pots to do “track quick controls 1-4 (5-8) and nothing else”, ever ?
    atm both seem to be interactive in several maddening ways - the last thing I need from a single channel controller is to mess up settings on random other channels !
    I’m aware this is a byproduct of MCU, a really unfortunate one, but is there no way around it ?
  2. I found two buttons I cannot map without killing track selection & -follow (Sel & Flip), which I would rather use for Monitor & Listen of the selected channel. Any solution ?
  3. are there any other buttons I should NOT assign, as I would lose essential (MCU) functions ? Ideally, I would rather forget about MCU, banks, pages & stuff entirely …
    Give me “simple” any day, real hardware typically has a single function per knob / switch - works for me !
    I want to use my controllers blind, keeping the eyes on the big screens - I never understood the attraction of menu diving on tiny hardware displays - granted, the UF1 displays are superb, but still …
  4. it seems V-Pot assignments often get lost as soon as I move to a channel in a different MCU bank, but not always / all - what’s up with that ?
  5. I still fail to understand how SSL 360 (the required driver, I don’t use the (optional) 360° Plugin Mixer) affects settings of some buttons, which I can also map via @bjoluc’s fine script ? Which mapping method should I use for these ? Kinda confusing …

that’s it for now, any help highly appreciated !
to give back a little something at least - if Cubase fails to load the script automatically, open it up with Notepad++ and change the MIDI ports from “SSL V-MIDI Port 1 Source” to “SSL V-MIDI Port 1”, and “SSL V-MIDI Port 1 Destination” to “SSL V-MIDI Port 1” as well, which is exactly as they appear in Cubase.
Credits to @bigmalh64, who posted a similar fix for his qcon lite !

again, major thanks to @bjoluc - you rock ! Best of luck for your exams - I perfectly understand this is your #1 priority right now, but maybe somebody else might have some helpful ideas too, in the meantime ?

cheers,
Disharmoniker