Staccato articulation is retained [bug??]

OK, I did send an email to support with a short video showing what is going on. I’m seeing this problem more and more often. One staccato note somewhere in the piece turns on staccato for everything following it on playback. It’s becoming so that Dorico is unusable.

We have already found and fixed a bug concerning staccato becoming stuck on since 3.5 was released, which will hopefully solve your case. If you want to attach your project here (zip it up first) and tell me where staccato is getting stuck on, we’ll check that the case you’ve experienced is definitively fixed.

I’ve run into a similar, or maybe the same, problem (using Dorico Pro 3.5) where a Staccato setting on a note resulted in Staccato getting stuck “on” during playback for all subsequent notes in the Flow. After much experimentation, I narrowed my issue down to the tied note scenario shown in the first screen shot. After more experimentation, I found a workaround where I could force the Staccato to affect only the intended tied notes by inserting a rest as indicated in the second screen shot. And to make sure something else wasn’t impacting it, I started a new “debug” project with all default factory settings (except for tablature) to confirm my findings. The two screen shots are from my stripped down “debug” project. The instrument I used is Steel Guitar VX from Halion Sonic SE3, but I’ve found the specific instrument didn’t matter – others had same issue.

Attached are two screen shots of additional workarounds to the problem scenario I described in my prior post. One workaround uses an accent mark at the same rhythmic position as the Staccato in the tied chain, while the other uses a nat. pt on the first note after the tied chain. Both result in turning the Staccato “off” after the tied chain.

Welcome to the forum, VG Kawanzan. If you want to attach your debug poject here we can take a look in the current development builds and verify that this case is handled by the fix we have already put in.

Thanks, Daniel. My debug project is attached. During playback, Staccato remains stuck “on” for the remainder of the Flow after the tied note with a staccato in measure 24 is played.

Debug Project 1.zip (455 KB)

Your project plays back fine in my current development build, Vince. Thanks for providing it.

Great! Nice to know. Thanks for checking it out.