Staff label appearance

That uses the {@layoutName@} token.

If you want them to be on separate lines, you will have to go to Engrave Mode and edit the First Page Template and increase the text box size to accommodate 2 lines.

If you want them all on one line, edit the LayoutName in the right-hand panel in Setup mode and remove the newline character.

Thanks. With this answer are you saying essentially that this must be a manual process? In other words, must I have to enter the primary and doubling instruments on the first Part page and also on each subsequent Part page for the abbreviated names rather than having it come out automatically as it did originally before doing all the copying and pasting to achieve the results discussed in all the above posts? Perhaps I am just missing something, as usual?

You don’t need to edit individual pages. Just the LayoutName or Page Template depending on how you want them to display.

The Project you posted does not have abbreviated names in the header on subsequent pages in the Parts. So, I’m not sure what you’re after.

Do you want the Instrument Names in the Parts to be one line or multi line?

Boy I am trying to get my head around this. Thank you for your patience.What I would like is for each part representing a primary and doubling instrument to appear the way it does now in the full score after having made the copying and pasting changes you all suggested to achieve the multi-line look. In both full and abbreviated versions.

If you want staff labels go to Layout Options > Staves and systems > Staff labels. There you can enable them.

Thanks. I have gone there and as far as I can see the only option open to me is to assign names to the first and all subsequent systems. I do not want anything on any system as these are parts and commonly there is no instrument name on a part system. I am only interested in the Primary and Doubling instrument names appearing in multi line format in the upper left corner of the first part page and all subsequent part pages of these doubling parts. At present only the primary instrument appears.

You need to go to Engrave Mode and edit the Page Templates and enlarge the text frame.

See attached.
Into the Unknown v2.1.dorico (840.9 KB)