Staff Label Text oddity, and bar line oddity

Here is a test piece I put together to see how things work. And besides these 2 issues I will list later, this is incredibly brilliant and is super flexible for doing percussion parts.

Staff Text:

There is a snare drum line, and a Bongos and Bass Drum line. The Bongos and Bass Drum player is “holding” 2 kits. One for the Bongos (a 2 line Grid), the Bass drum is a single line grid/staff. I did a grouping under the kit editor where I created the “Bongo” group, instead of displaying Bongo Hi/Bongo Low. I did not do a grouping for the bass drum (unnecessary).

The staff labels are different sizes in the score. Not sure why this is. I did not change anything.

Bar line:

Here is the Bongos and Bass Drum Part. As you can see where the bongo part ends and the to Bass Drum part begins (right before the 4 bar multi measure rest), the bongo bar line changes to what appears to be the length of the the 1 line staff bar line length. Therefore, it looks a little odd to me. I am somewhat under the impression that the final bar line of the Bongo part should be as large as the other bar lines for the bongo part. It looks a little odd to meet be shortened the way it is.


Group staff labels use a different, smaller font style than regular staff labels: you can edit this in Engrave > Paragraph Styles.

I see what you mean about the barline at the point at which the transition from the two-line grid to the single line instrument occurs. I’ll talk to Andrew about this, but I have a feeling it won’t be easy to change.

Sounds good Daniel.

Nothing of this is too concerning, but I thought I would bring it to your attention.

Thanks for everything!