Staff Labels for selected staves only

@Daniel at Steinberg
I am aware of this function but isn’t it so that it works for only one system?
Do I miss something and is ist possible to use this function until the end of a flow?

I will say that I have seen editions (in fact, I like to make them this way myself) where the vocal parts are labeled but the piano is not. The grand stave is sufficient to indicate what it is since it is so different from the other lines. I tend to just display them on the very first system and then after that, shorten things to S A T B and then " " for the piano so nothing displays for the short name applied to subsequent staves.

Upon second reflection, I think the reason this is sometimes done is when there is a reduction part that is not intended to be played, although in that case they are usually cue-sized notes as well.

Phan, yes, the ability to change staff labels at a system break affects that system only. So it can be unwieldy if you want to change the labels on every system, but it’s possible.

Thank you for your answer Daniel.
That’s what I thought.
And indeed this feature is very usefull for situations where only a few systems need a different staff label setting.
Unfortunately in my case it is not so usefull as it would mean that I should manually edit about 60 systems for one flow and repeat this for the other flows where I need this.
For the time being I will then stick with the workaround consisting of duplicating players and name them accordingly.
But I am confident that at some point in the future Dorico will offer much more flexible features for staff labelling which will cover such situations.