Staff Spacing/Collisions & Text Size

Hello,

Just wanted to first say amazing job on the program. I am enjoying it. I am still trying to figure things out being a sibelius user, but so far I am loving it.

#1 - Is there a way to change the size of the text for Instrument names on the left hand side of the score. When I print the score the names are so big and I feel like they take up most of the first page.

#2 - I am having trouble adding dynamics and hairpins to my score with out having them collide into other staffs/notes/text. In sibelius they had a collision avoidance and it was done automatically. Is there a way to adjust the spacing of the staves so there are no collisions with dynamics and hairpins. Is there a way to make the staves smaller so I can add more instruments and have the spacing adjust from staff to staff.

What you’re looking for re: #1 is Engrave/Paragraph Styles/Staff Labels. Adjust to your heart’s content! Meanwhile, re: #2: staff size is controlled in Setup. Select the score/part you need, then use Layout Options to reduce the staff size. I’m working with a large-score arrangement as my Dorico “OJT” and dealing with similar issues. Best of luck!

Thanks.

I keep forgetting when I choose one of the five tasks it also puts a drop down list at the top of the window.

I will try these steps and get back.

Nick