Thank you both for the quick responses.
To address Romanos401’s questions:
The frame is originally 95.3% full before the bug begins spreading out the staves.
I tried the collision avoidance toggle, and it causes the staves to be spread out even further every time I toggle it. Same with the text border toggle, offset toggle, color toggle, scale toggle, etc. Strange bug…
Just to add some extra information that might help, I believe the issue was also happening with timecode markers in this document. I ended up switching them to text boxes, but it seems like the bugs are related. Maybe the staff spacing algorithm isn’t updating properly, since once I delete then undo a system break, the strange spacing resets (this has been my workaround in the meantime). Perhaps it is triggered by the text element protruding from the music frame.
I attached the Dorico file. I colored the offending text elements in red. To reproduce, try adjusting any of the element’s properties in Engrave mode, or simply move it horizontally using key commands. I’ve tried this on 2 separate systems running Windows 10 64-bit, and the bug was reproducible.
Cue Template v3.dorico (445.0 KB)