Staff spacing (up)

The manual explains how to move all systems DOWN when using “concertina dragging.”

How do you move them UP?

“H” or “K” instead of “J”

AFAIK you cannot move them up. The concertina drag only works from the top. To achieve a similar result from the bottom staff, you need to drag the bottom of the music frame (in frame sub-mode of Engrave mode), which inevitably causes an override.

1 Like

Thinking this over for the dozenth time, it occurs to me that one could easily do the concertina drag down, and then nudge all the systems up together to get the effect.

That doesn’t seem to work for me.

Is it possible to achieve the same result with staff spacing in Layout Options (or somewhere else). I’d like to close the distance between the staves all at once if possible.

As @MarcLarcher said, you have to select the bottom staff. to push them up. So it’s not exactly the opposite. You don’t increase the spacing between the systems.

Is it possible to achieve the same result with staff spacing in Layout Options (or somewhere else). I’d like to close the distance between the staves all at once if possible.

You can edit those settings in Layout Options>Vertical spacings.

1 Like

AH! OK. Got it. Opt - H works. Thank you!

BTW - where do you control this number (29.7mm):

You can edit those settings in Layout Options>Vertical spacings .

The picture looks like a part layout, so this is a Inter-system gap. Try to get the “right” layout by manipulating the settings in the Layout Options. Manual adjustments should be done at the end, for fine-tuning.

2 Likes

The note at the start of the topic says this isn’t possible, I’m afraid.