Staff styles

Hi Daniel and I everyone.

Yes, I agree too, I like Dorico very much, but I miss this feature cruelly (I was secretly hopping that it will be in 4 ! ) . I agree with Lorenzo, it is not a graphic fantasy, but a really meaningful part of notation. To help to approach it, here is a good exemple, with explanation : (My creating method, Gérard Pesson, édit by ONA.)

Capture d’écran 2022-01-13 à 12.46.29

Capture d’écran 2022-01-13 à 12.47.33

Thank you for all the good work.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who has been giving info about the workarounds. It didn’t spark joy but it did the job.
My first three months with Dorico have been very smooth and 95 % of everything goes intuitively (ok, maybe I had to change my intuition a bit, but the logic does exist). Now that I am finishing my first larger work with Dorico I do notice that this really is a problem. Changing between these two instruments for voice (and actually I would have needed three, but I’ll just live with it) did create a lot of hassle that brought back some not so happy memories from past coughfinalecough. Creating hidden tones, changing “to V.” to “speak rhythmically” and that stuff.

No news here, you already know what we want…

4 Likes