Staff Visibility - strange behaviour [solved]

Hello all.

I’m working on a chamber opera and have the vocal score (3x voices plus rehearsal piano) as a layout. I have staff visibility for this layout as follows:

Staff visibility / Hide empty staves: all systems (except rehearsal piano i.e. hide vocal parts when not required)

But in one of the flows, from approx. 2/3 of the way through until the end of the flow, I have an empty part visible (see example page, part labelled ‘Minit.’)

I have checked for hidden staff attached objects and there are no page overrides.

This only affects a single part in a single flow (and only about 1/3 of it) of a single layout.

I can set manual staff visibility to hide the part at each system / frame break, but as soon as I reset these overrides the issue arises again.

Might I be missing something…?

Is “The lights shut out” Staff Text or System Text? If it’s Staff Text, that stave isn’t empty.

That’s system text.

The example page is approx. 3 pages beyond where the issue begins

Have you accidentally set manual staff visibility for that staff earlier in the flow at a system or frame break? If not, it might be easier to see the project itself to investigate, but I understand if you don’t want to share it publicly. Feel free to email it to me confidentially: l (dot) harris (at) steinberg (dot) de

Aha! That’s it - I hadn’t spotted an earlier manual staff visibility setting. Resetting the staff visibility solved the issue. Thank you Lillie!

Perfect! Glad it’s all sorted :slight_smile: