Staggered clips not lining up correctly

I am trying to import multiple audio files into an empty montage, and have selected the option to stagger the clips over two tracks.

However when I do this the clips are not positioned contiguously and are spread out over many minutes. The start time of the first clip over 10 minutes into the montage, even though the playhead was at zero when I did this.

Here is a video I made demonstrating the problem: Wavelab 10 Pro not positioning staggered clips correctly - YouTube

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? I tried with several different sets of files and had the same issue, although the positioning of the clips was never exactly the same for any two sets of files.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I tried rebooting and also different file types. Still getting the same issue. I am on macOS Catalina latest version. Also latest WL.

see

Thanks. I read that thread but it seemed not to be the exact same issue that I am seeing. If you believe it is then I’m happy to close this thread.

Indeed, maybe not the same problem.
If the files on your video have no cofidentiality issue, could you send them to me?

Done

Thanks. Are you using WaveLab 10.0.40? I could produce the problem with 10.0.30, but not 10.0.40.

Yes, 10.0.40 (Build 127)

I still can’t reproduce. Does it happen all the time for you?

Yes it happens every time.

Any progress on solving this issue? I tried re-installing today and it is still not aligning the tracks. I would be happy to try a beta if that helps.

The upcoming 10.0.50 update (end of this month), will solve this.

Thank you