Stange bar numbers

I have a strange problem:
If you look at the 2nd flow, the bar numbers are wrong after the repeat. If I delete the repeat sign, the bar count is normal again.

Nun danket alle Gott.dorico (1.2 MB)

I know how to change the numbers manually, but I would like to know the reason for this behaviour.

The Project was imported from a MusicXML file created in PhotoScore.

HI @HeiPet
If you put a hidden meter of 9/8 in the real bar 4, the correct bar numbering is reestablished (your real bar 4 was incomplete).

I think there is something else going on. If you remove all meters and rebuild from scratch the problem occurs when you attempt to add the repeat barline. Normally this is handled correctly, but not in this instance.

I tried on a fresh project, and Dorico had the same behavior (it did not assign a new bar number for the “incomplete” bar after putting a repeat on the 4th beat of bar 4).
Maybe a bug of 12/8…?
(here also inputting a hidden 9/8 in the real bar 4 reestablishes the correct numbering)
bar numbering and repeat 12-8.dorico (470.0 KB)

[Edit: I tried also in 4/4 and same results.]

You’re right. Though I’m sure it did not behave like that in the past.

Yes it seems that the bar splitted by a repeat barline loses its own bar number (or in other words inherits the number of the previous bar).

1 Like

I can confirm this behavior, as I had to correct it not long ago (to match the source).

Yes, this is a regression in Dorico 5.1, for which please accept our apologies for the inconvenience. It will be fixed in the next update (coming soon).

3 Likes

I can confirm that this issue is solved in Dorico 5.1.10 :slight_smile: