Start or Stop Playback ( Play From Location: Selection ) BUG

I noticed that if you add a repeat right after a 2nd ending, the P command starts acting funny. Selecting something after that repeat makes the playback start from a place that’s equal distance from the start of the score to the distance from the repeat to the selection.

It started working after deleting it, but I was scrathing my head for a while and actually I would prefer to have the repeat there. I guess this wouldn’t happen in a normal score, but as I’m writing educational material where I actually would want the score to indicate that the student is supposed to loop the passage with alternating endings it messes things up.

A related issue. After a 2nd ending at the end of my score the playback jumps to the beginning and skips the first repetition. Again it’s caused by a repeat right after the 2nd ending.

Other than that I love how my workflow has become faster after starting using Dorico, so thanks!

Do you mean a start repeat barline, or another end repeat? Could you perhaps attach a minimal example that reproduces the problem? Thanks!

Hey, I must’ve missed your reply and maybe this is fixed on the new version already, but on 3.5 it still does this. Here’s a small video demonstrating the issue. https://www.dropbox.com/s/utl8uuncmw2jrz2/Repeat%20glitch.mov?dl=0

Can you attach the project itself here, as well? In your video, you’re definitely hitting P after you select the note in the first ending?

Sure, here it is. And yeah, I’m hitting P.

Backup Patterns.dorico (443.1 KB)

Your repeat structure is badly configured (remove the end-repeat in bar 17).

I know, and it’s that way on purpose for clarity purposes explained in my original post. The actual work got done long ago and this bug doesn’t bother me too much, but I thought I’d report it as it reveals unlogical behaviour with the playback engine.

No it does not. Any musician would have problems working out where that stranded repeat should go back to.

…and would sightread one part while playing another?