Startup crash using network profile

Hi all,

I’ve been having issues with Wavelab crashing at startup. I’ve tried the common troubleshooting steps listed here (i.e. wiping the preferences). I believe I’ve narrowed things down to folder redirection in my Windows user profile.

I tried logging in with a network account with no folder redirection and was able to open Wavelab successfully, but when I use my regular user account (which has the desktop, favorites, and documents stored on my server), Wavelab will crash on startup. I tried with a brand new profile and got the same result. Things were working fine with an older version of Wavelab 8.5, but some update in 8.5 broke things, and they appear to still be broken with the latest 9 update.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this? Thanks!

-Paul

You can generate one crash dump from WaveLab if you do so:
There is this small file:
C:\Users[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab Pro 9.0\Startup.ini

This file is user editable (double click).
To activate the crash report, simply add this text line:

crashReport=true

If this line:
“crashReport=false” already exists, transform it to

crashReport=true

When the crash happen, send me the result. Thanks

Thank you Philippe, I just submitted a crash report via the crash analyzer… if you would like me to send the results someplace else, let me know (it looks like ZIP files aren’t allowed via PM).

Thanks again for taking a look,

-Paul

Hello! I’ve updated to the latest version 9.0.25 but unfortunately Wavelab still crashes… this time it does not crash outright, but is just non-responsive. I am actually able to click to open a new project and Wavelab loads, but even after a few minutes it is unresponsive and clicking on the screen says it has stopped responding.

Let me know if you need any more info! Thank you,

-Paul