Startup Problems

Hey Friends,

Each time, when I exit Cuabse 6, I’m not able to start it again until I restart my system :frowning:
Cubase 6 appears in the taskmanager but just nothing happens and I have to kill the task.

Anyone else has this problem?

Too lazy to at least look at the topic titles on at least the first page of the forum before posting? :confused:

Try to optimize and clean your system. If there was time, when Cubase worked OK, try to trash preferences.

??? I’ve looked and searched but didnt see anything like this in the forum. How about a link to what you are referring to that would be helpful. I think you might have this issue confused with something else.

I am having the exact same issue. I exit cubase 6.5 then try to restart later and nothing happens no error message nothing and cubase.exe appears in the task manager but does nothing no matter how long you wait.

oh I should mention that I have trashed the prefs many times trying to fix it and that doesn’t work as well.

Versions less than 6 are no longer compatible with either Vista or Windows 7.

“Compatible” and “Supported” are two different things.

And all these people are running Cubase 6.

Cubase 5 IS officialy supported (and compatible) with Windows Vista and Windows 7 too.

Supported in what sense, by email?

There’s a similar post in the lounge about this subject.

I am running 6.5.1 if you need me to be fully accurate on my version so should be completely supported.

Hi,

So there’s no GUI is that right?

should probably mention I am running win 7 64 bit as well.

Nope nothing comes up but cubase.exe appears in task manager.

Do you have last version of eLCC?

Ok so it feels good, that I’m not the only one with this problem.
I’m currently downloading the newest eLicenser software, maybe this helps.

And yes, I’m running Cubase 6.0.7, but it’s not in my signature, because I can’t find anything about how to edit my signature in this forum :smiley: maybe someone can help me there, too?

You need to go to my steinberg.

So all you are getting is a boot strap?

If you mean the splash screen comes up and the modules and plugin initialize. No.

Basically I try to open cubase again from either the desktop icon or the programs menu and you see a the spinning circle for a second just as you do when any other program is opened and then nothing else visible unless you look in task manager. It shows up there uses about 4% cpu (the only programing or service running and using any cpu) and does nothing no matter how long you wait.

installing the latest elicenser didn’t solve the problem :frowning: any other ideas?

Sorry, no more idea now. Just a question, do you have this problem since the instalation? Or did the Cubase work fine before? Can you remember, what changed? When problem started? Some instalation, changing in the system (update of system)…?