Startup Problems

Ok, I took this to the extreme and did a full clean install of win 7, then added cubase 6 and tested if the program would open again after quiting and it worked fine UNTIL I installed 6.5.1 and the problem is back. The only other variable is that I also installed uad-1 between going from 6.5 to 65.1 but I unistalled UAD and didnt help. While the drivers for uad are still there as is the card but no plugs so really shouldnt even have any interaction with cubase.

Wondering what version the other person is having issue with cubase not restarting. I noticed signature say 5.5 but posts say install of cubase 6. I am thinking it must be a bug in 6.5.1 The good things I set restore points along the way incase I have to go prove it again but at this point I think I have evidence that is a real issue within the cubase

When you exit Cubase in the first place, is it still running in the Task Manager?

Mauri.

So it looks like problem between UAD and Cubase 6.5.1?

There is note on the Steinberg Download page: Hotfixes do not pass the whole test cycle. They are released preliminarily in order to provide a quick solution for specific problems.

Ok, that sounds interesting. I think the problem occured after I installed 6.0.7. I’ll try a complete new installation without this update.

Before new installation (after uninstallation of Cubase), trash the preferences. If you don’t trash it, the new installation takes over the old one settings.

Btw, Basti: Do you own UAD too?

Maybe also take a look at the Windows Event log for application errors and their ID’s.

I SOLVED MY ISSUE, after tons of time and a full clean install I have it working perfectly. The issue was simple but elusive and pointed out ultimately by an easy answer from Steinberg support.

Basically the whole issue revolved around the e-licenser being plugged in to the USB 3.0 ports on the front of my machine and simply moving it to the USB 2 ports on the back fixed everything.

The hard part of figuring this all out is that the licenser worked mostly when plugged into the ports on the front except restarting cubase after it had been closed. The problem there was that after you closed Cubase the Syncro.exe (licenser process) or whatever it is called would never terminate so you couldnt restart but it wouldnt error. Moving to the back as I mentioned fixed it all!

So great to have my system back to 100%, hopefully this helps any others having the same issue./

I still havent installed the yamaha midi driver for my CC121. After all this a little scared as midi load took forever before and now it super fast but with out my cc121.

Omg thank you! I just realized, that I also plugged the dongle into a USB 3.0 Port…I changed it to a USB 2.0 Port and now everything works fine! Problem solved :slight_smile:

Great news! Thanks to everyone who pitched in and gave advice in this thread. Had it not been for your support I think it would have taken much longer as as I would have had to have walked away from the computer frustrated more often.