Status on Windows 10 Drivers for UR Series

The latest update hasn’t fixed anything for me, it actually made things worse. I now can’t record anything in Audition anymore and Skype won’t pick up my mic signal either, even though it’s working in other programs just fine. There is now also a weird, sharp, electronic beep sent through the mic channel that happens every now and then seemingly randomly.

To get into more detail:

Since upgrading to Win10 64bit, Skype, Steam and Audition are not receiving any signal from my mic. It works just fine in Teamspeak and Audacity though - same settings for everything.

I’m currently using a Steinberg UR22 USB Interface both for my Input and Output.

What I’ve tried so far: Testing the UR22 in every USB Slot I have, deinstalling/cleaning/reinstalling the driver. Doing the same thing for the ASIO4ALL drivers. Same thing for the Realtek drivers. Switching out all the XLR cables. Bypassing the Mixer. Switching through different mics. The unit itself is working just fine.

I have tested a random mic that I could plug into the 3.5mm port and that signal was picked up by the Realtek drivers - so the onboard soundcard works fine but that is kind of besides the point since the UR22 is basically an external soundcard.

The setup worked just fine in Windows 7, it is not working in Win10 though.

Which is infuriating because I can’t record my podcast interviews now.

I cannot switch to a different recording setup (CAD E100S Mic → Yamaha MG10 → Steinberg UR22) as I’ve invested too much in this setup (that worked well before) already.

Windows certainly receives the signal but doesn’t seem to pass it along to some programs for some reason. (screenshot)

Here’s an album with all my sound settings in all programs. Audition CC Settings - no signal - Album on Imgur