Steinberg Audio Power improvements

Just been reading this thread (free e-book on glitch-free windows audio - #3 by Crotchety - Cubase - Steinberg Forums) which links to a free e-book on setting up your audio system.

In Chapter 4, on p16, it reviews Power Management. On pp 22-23 it mentions the importance of disabling power-saving settings for USB and PCI Express. These seem to be the kind of thing you would definitely want to do when Cubase is running but not necessarily when doing other stuff.

SAP was a very welcome innovation but afaik it only deals with the CPU settings, forcing the CPU to run at 100% all the time. I think it should also deal with at the very least USB and PCIE settings and perhaps even Desktop Slideshow, Sleep and Hibernate…

I like having my PC set to keep my bills down, I like my Desktop Slideshow, but I don’t want to have to keep switching Power Scheme before running Cubase, simply because SAP only deals with the CPU settings and not other equally important ones.

Can it please be improved?

Thanks for reading,
C :slight_smile:

+1 Agreed, the SAP definitely needs a new review and update.

Regards :sunglasses:

+1
And such an easy enhancement to do.
Just think of all the support requests it would eliminate, from users that have USB devices going to sleep on them.
That is an investment of what ? 1 hour that could save hundreds for users and support in the long run.

Thanks for your support, fellas :slight_smile:

Maybe a simple solution would be for Cubase not to delete the SAP Power Scheme on quitting, but leave it for us to modify in Windows, then load this modified scheme instead of creating a new one every time. That way, future mods and people’s own preferences are catered for.

And it should mean a lot less work…