Steinberg becoming more like Microsoft?

Been very disappointed with how Cubase has becoming more only in house compatible
And locked out, during installation very little option to customize, any of there content
Can only work with Steinberg products, the new media bay rack isn’t customize and
Only really works with other Steinberg content, Halion 5 locked out not to mention no
Fixes for over a year, Cubase still has some of the same issues,not address with cubase 8.5
I don’t want to install instruments that only haft work SE, or audio loops that can’t be beat
Slice in another VST, I know everyone has ther likes and dislikes and think different on
How Cubase should adapt I’m just venting

Do you mean more like Apple? Eg, iPhone can’t be backed up unless you install iTunes. Or Apple using a charger that no other phone uses. Apps can’t be made for apple without their app store approval.

I quit this war right now. No replies. BYE.

Which DAW doesn’t have proprietary tools? I know Logic, and Sonar does. Maybe Reaper?

But I agree 100% about media bays rack not working with 3rd parties. That is a real shame.

For myself, I don’t use Hallion very much. Groove Agent rarely. All the synth VST’s not very much. I’m not saying they are bad. I just prefer UAD, Waves, Toontrack, and until the last few years, NI.

Well what would like is a open install the choice not to install
I don’t want there instruments, the choice to choose what plugins and
None of the content, just Cubase :smiley:

You can uninstall or delete most instruments and delete the plug-in files.

Actually, you probably missed that feature during installation, because you certainly CAN say which parts of the program you want to install.

Nope didn’t miss that feature just wish there were more options, after the install
I go back and takeout what I don’t need

Actually, you probably missed that feature during installation, because you certainly CAN say which parts of the program you want to install.

Yes I did choose that feature and deselected all the extra content and then install
Then after went back and deleted what other things I didn’t want. :smiley:
My apologies for not being more clear in my post :blush:
But other than not being able to have more install choices,

I started with Cubase back in the VST days and never switch
At all though I had tried, I guess after all these years using it I can get a little passionate
About its growth and its direction :unamused: maybe I should get outside
More and mingle

Yeah, you can’t let the little things get under your skin or else you’ll be debilitated! Be surrounded by friends with your music. It’s one of the most beautiful things in life that us musicians have to share.

Well said !