Steinberg - Cubase 10 - WTF are you thinking?

Ahh yea thats what i´m talking about. Good to know! Thanks :smiley:

All in all, the new GUI is definitely more functional and user friendly than before to me.
Not much depressive in my mind, so I can’t find it mirrored in some grey DAW background. :slight_smile:
I guess there are still plenty of colours available for people, who would enjoy an integrated colour balloon heads up in their DAW, to make it through the day.

All good here.

LOL where did that come from haha

I like the new GUI a lot!
It’s a great update.
Everything stable and nice here. :slight_smile:
It is actually very hard if not impossible for a software company to please everyones taste.

In my opinion Steinberg has been very good in the last years regarding their updates.

I think I like it.
Did a project with it yesterday. Just want the track selection colour less white and more grey and a constraint option overall. The record button in the editor window is really really red for some reason.
Also cmd click used to bring up the colour picker but doesn’t which was annoying yesterday.

Well… the OP’s topic seems to suggest that Steinberg is now responsible for creating a software platform that meets esthetic tastes on an individual level. So… if we’re going to ask Steinberg to customize their product on a person-by-person basis… I’d like to request that they remove all the tools I don’t use. And since I actually play instruments and sing, I have no need for features that support making house/dance/techno music.

Make it happen, Mr. Steinberg… (if that IS your real name…).

Personally… I have yet to take a selfie with my DAW, so as long as the look and feel are competitive with today’s standards… I could care less what it looks like.

I’ve warmed to the GUI, especially after rebuilding the PC don’t know if something weird happened when it migrated my setting from 9.5 but after a complete rebuild on Win 1809 over the weekend it looks a lot better, so sorry Steinberg.
Had a couple of crashes but its first version and it may have been plugin related I can live with that. Still feel a few dialogue boxes are looking dated and are jarringly inconsistent with the rest of the program shame you didnt finish the job guys…

But do I love my Cubase, hell yes… No. 1 software purchase any day.

One of my wishes came through. A new Project Synchronization menu. :slight_smile:

Bought and installed yesterday.

Spent time getting to know the new tweaks, but so far, all good here!

Jim B

New GUI is ok, but all the new bugs are rediculous

I like the way it looks… but i can understand what you mean i think its the text format they went with makes it look a bit less sharp.

and a few updates that was needed they added: adding fx channels and buss channel to selected tracks in the sequencer page - and being able to select multiple tracks as the ‘key’ on side chaining…

But i was desperately hoping that c10 would suddenly utilise my 128 ram on my powerful mac pro late 2013 on high sierra or yosemite… but no! … it can’t handle much cpu and i can’t understand why!!!
Because in cubase im maxing it out and it starts to stutter and gitter and the performance meter is peaked, but if i look at my cpu app it says 12%! - fed up with cubase for this reason. And also when i export the mix even in real time it doesn’t sound identical to what im hearing in the daw even at highest settings I’ve tried them all kinda defeats the whole point of mix down.
I want cubase to add the master channel as a selection on an audio track input so i can record the mix in the session easily please (like in reason there’s a ‘source’ option when you flip the racks)

I like the mixer design in cubase though. I also like searching for the vet i want to use effortless whereas its a bit more fiddly in other daws. (if you know what you want to you and you just type it in on the inserts). I don’t want to have to set up a sub group aux track to be able to use the send. Either they make the master track post fader appear on an audio input as the source or perhaps add the ‘send’ on the master channel. I don’t like to use a sub track.

Please steinberg: can you add the sends to the master channel (but have them hidden and available only by unhiding them) - thanks

I do like the design of the sequencer page and the mixer though (i only use the mixer for the inserts and the faders and panning)really. i.e. i don’t use the built in effects etc