Steinberg Cubase and MicroTuning

What Steinberg don’t understand is that if Micro Tuning actually works they will open
at least another few hundreds of millions population on their customer list…but they don’t.

They might understand that, but how would they get microtuning to work outside of their own products?

BasariStudios are you saying microtuning does not work for you in Halion Sonic SE? Because it does for me.

What do you use for microtuning instruments then?

Hey Steve, i stated above it does work on Halion…what i would like to see is working
on the other (at least) Steinberg Synths, i would love to have it working on Prologue,
i will guarantee Steinberg another 250 of my customers going to Steinberg ONLY if there
was a way to MicroTune Prologue. For MicroTuned Sounds i usually use Kontakt Libraries
or my Kronos or M3. Here you can hear some of my programming work:

Not your music but you will have a clue of some stuff. I do a lot of programming on Physical
Modeling and FM Synthezis to get a lot of Acoustic Sounds. Here you can hear some, everything
is pure programming, no Samples used:

I checked your youtube videos– You get a great sound.

Though I am mainly a jazz violinist I studied maqam and have played with Egyptian and other M.E. ensembles, playing classical Arab music and Oum Kalthoum, Fairouz, excerpts and Sayid Darwish, Rabanni brothers and other composers. I have yet to come close to mastering maqam, that’s for sure. But I’m not entirely unfamiliar with your music.

Thanks for the share.

1 Like

Thanks Steve…and holy smokes…the Music you play here is what i play for the last 25 years.
I am actually not from Middle East, i am from the Balkans, i just do programming for the Arab
world but my main music is Balkan…also you can find more here: http://www.basaristudios.com/korgpa.html
I mostly play Gypsy/Roma/Tsigani music (my heritage is Turkish). I also play with a guy from Bulgaria
here in NYC, almost everyone knows him, Yuri Yunakov, a Saxophonist…any relations with the Balkan?
You shocked me…you know my music probably more then i do…i love this style too, it is more Romanian
oriented…Hora/Chardash/Trakia e tc…Django…i love it.

I bet you can take on this:

These are Gypsy from Macedonia (that’s where i come from).

Ha! Awesome! We opened for Yuri Yunakov at Lincoln Hall here in Chicago for the World Music fest 2011 I think it was. I’ll check out the links…

These are Gypsy from Macedonia (that’s where i come from).

Wow! beautiful!

I met Yuri in 1997, he played at my wedding…after that i started playing with him,
even now, i play mostly weddings with him…there is few good players here in NYC.
I found you on FB too.

to get back on topic-

I verified that the microtuning plugin works with Aria player, the player from Plogue that’s used for the Garritan libraries, it seems to work great. You can automate it to, so modulating works.

It seems that you have to hit play-stop-play sometimes for a change to register though. But it definitely works.

Kontakt has a bug that stops it from working, do you use that? If you do send in a support ticket and let them know we actually use this stuff. Maybe they think hardly anyone cares! (I sent one in yesterday, waiting for response.)

Does not work with Halion Sonic SE in Cubase 8.5.

Actually it’s working fine. in 8.5.30. 8.5.20, and 9.0.20.

Are you talking about the same thing?

Anyway, this is the wrong forum.