Steinberg Dorico Pro Crossgrade from Sibelius

Hi @SibeliustoDorico,
Every time when there were discounts from Steinberg, they were including the day until which the offer is valid. So, the discount is still there, today, 5th of April. :slight_smile:
The question is, why you are waiting until the very last moment to ask for refund, since Daniel answered 3 days ago?!
The refund could be delayed by the company and you’ll miss opportunity to crossgrade at the reduced price.
Since it’s already 5th of April, and in case you still didn’t ask them for a refund, the smarter step would be to wait for the product itself, since it was purchased at reduced price. :slight_smile:
Personally I wouldn’t expect your money from JRRShop to be at your account before 6th of April.
Another thing you can do is to ask for a refund, but if you are having enough money at your account, meanwhile to purchase the Dorico crossgrade.

Best wishes,
Thurisaz :slight_smile:

I have followed your advice, I waited till today because the JRRShop price was better. I asked for a refund from JRRShop today 10am April 5. Directly after I started the buying cross grade process in the DORICO Shop, my purchase is in my shopping cart, but I am not allowed to complete it until you verify my eligibility which I did not count on can take a few days. I ask you to please honor the 30% discount. or alternatively process my eligibility today. Thank you for your help.
I am writing a few hours later. This is nerve raking, my eligibility has been approved, with number 115617594. I go back to shopping procedure, and it asks me again for proof of eligibility. There must be another path, but I don’t know what path that is. The page just won’t let me pay!
Again several hours later;
I was unable to buy, I understood one must log in during the buying process to get the discount, every time it told me I had the wrong password, so I changed it 4 times and again it was still the wrong password, I tried with all passwords I have had with Steinberg but no.

Then this appeared: “Your e-mail address is already used in the system. Please choose another e-mail address or use your old account.”

How can I use another email or account if my discount is associated with this email? After several hours I finally give up.

Hi @SibeliustoDorico,

Have you seen this notification when you were purchasing:
" Please note that your MySteinberg log-in details do not apply here. The Steinberg Online Shop and MySteinberg are managed separately and therefore require different log-in accounts."

The Steinberg Online Shop needs the creation of a separate account, which could use the same e-mail account, the same name and password as the MySteinberg one, but still it’s a separate, because the Steinberg Online Shop is part of ASKNet system, not Steinberg.
Keep in mind that MySteinberg account could have different password, or even it could completely differ from the ASKNet one.
I recommend you both accounts to include the same e-mail and username, just for safety you have different passwords, but if the password is strong enough, you could even keep the same for both accounts. :slight_smile:

Most probably you are changing your MySteinberg account password expecting that will fix the purchase issue?! It won’t help.
Check carefully your mail Inbox (or Spam) for e-mails from Steinberg Online Shop / ASKNet related to account registration info! :slight_smile:

Just be sure that you are using the ASKNet account during the purchasing process! :slight_smile:

I hope this is helpful for you! :slight_smile:

Success with finishing your purchase! :slight_smile:

The reset password continues to be quite impossible; I keep getting a wrong password, keep pressing the forgot password, Keep looking in my mail, keep resetting it, the page never accepts it. Without it I cannot buy the crossgrade.
Thanks so much for trying to help.
After too many hours I am still unable to buy the crossgrade, I have given up.

Hello @SibeliustoDorico,
Have you checked your keyboard for possibly activated Caps Lock, or different than English language?
You could even try different web browser in order to finish the ordering process.

Best wishes,

@SibeliustoDorico, I’m sorry you had problems buying from our online shop. If you’re still having issues, please send me a private message here on the forum that includes your email address etc., and I’ll ask my colleagues in our support team to assist you. We will honour the discount that ended a few days ago for your purchase, since you tried in good faith to complete your purchase before the end of the promotional period.

5 Likes

Thank you very much. I have sent you a private message. Waiting for instructions.

I have 5 days left on my DORICO trail, I suppose the time difference and the holidays will delay things a little but all will be fine. Happy Easter.

I’ve extended your trial, so if you run Steinberg Activation Manager and click the “refresh” button, you’ll see that it will now expire at the end of April.

Thank you so much. This is great. Please send me instructions of how to pay with the old discount whenever you have the time and continue having a great day.
Andres Cuervo Casabianca.

Thank you so much, I have paid and received an email with a Download Access Code, I feel I am really a DORICO user now. I have DORICO 4 installed already. Is there somewhere to paste the code and activate my DORICO 4 permanently or must I download it again? Should I continue the free trail until it asks me to register? I am waiting for RRShop to refund my purchase. The lost shipment has not arrived yet .

To use your Download Access Code, run Steinberg Download Assistant and click the ‘Enter your Download Access Code’ button in the top left corner. Once you have redeemed your DAC, run Steinberg Activation Manager and click the refresh button in the top right-hand corner. Your permanent Dorico Pro 4 license should then appear, and you can click ‘Activate’ to activate it permanently.

2 Likes

Hi @SibeliustoDorico,
You are finally part of the Dorico users family! :slight_smile: Welcome to the club!
I’m glad that everything with purchase ended well for you.
I’m wishing you success with your Dorico projects! :slight_smile:

Best wishes,

4 Likes

This is how it looks now, looks like all is OK. I think?
Should I deactivate the trial version?
Thanks again for all your help and lightning fast cooperation.

You should be able to ignore the trial version. Regardless, you have the real license activated now, so I wouldn’t worry about it. Just use dorico :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sad update.
These are my las two emails to JRRshop, still no reply. How do you think I should proceed now?
Thanks for all advice.

(10 days ago) I most definitely accept the JRRshop March 30 offer to refund my payment. . I want JRRshop to refund my payment as soon as possible, an extraordinarily long time has passed since I paid, my one month DORICO trial has run out, so I have bought the DORICO crossgrade direct from STAINBERG. Please inform me how and when you will reimburse me.
I await your prompt response.
Sincerely
(2 days ago) *I paid before the 15th of march, it’s already the 19th of Apr, you should have refunded my payment long ago. *
Be so kind and do so right away.
*Please don’t make me go through the procedure of contacting the consumer protection authorities. *
Thank you. Sincerely

Sad, indeed.

My email to JRRShop this morning:
I have started a case in PayPal, also filed a report with ReportFraud.FTC.gov and informed the STEINBERG community of the situation.

Be so kind and reimburse me as you offered to do.

2 Likes

In all fairness to JRRShop I inform that finally they have reimbursed me in full.

4 Likes

Glad that is now straightened out for you… now just enjoy Dorico!! :sunglasses:

1 Like