Steinberg Download Assistant and Steinberg Installation Updater

Steinberg Download Assistant v1.20.2 is generating errors on a complete new clean install of Catalina.

At first install it reported it failed due to not successfully installing one or more of 3 apps.
1: elcc
2: Steinberg Library Updater
3: Steinberg Installation Updater.

Followed the prompts to run these manually. Apps 1 and 2 were no discernable problem.
1: eLcc had been installed separately and before DLA using the latest version from the eLcc web pages.
2: Library was present just needed priming with my VSTSound library.

3: Steinberg Installation Updater however was not present so DLA failed to install it and the Manual install app also did not install it.

However its not clear that the manual app which is called Steinberg_Install_Assistant is installing the same app which Download Assistant tries to which is called Steinberg Installation Installer (v1.15.1.419)

The Install Assistant app did install from the manual file called Steinberg Install Assistant v1.0.0.14 but its in a different location to that which the Steinberg Installation Updater would have been.

There are also some log files on my mac created by Download Assistant in Users/Username/Library/Application Support/Steinberg Installation Updater/Logs
which indicate a certificate error. The first had a blank where a name of certificate would be. The second log contained the following.

2021-01-17 16:19:54.428 RESTClient ERROR :: SSL Error found. :: The issuer certificate of a locally looked up certificate could not be found - Host: ‘mb.steinberg.net/rest
2021-01-17 16:19:54.428 RESTClient ERROR :: SSL Error found. :: The root CA certificate is not trusted for this purpose - Host: ‘mb.steinberg.net/rest
2021-01-17 16:19:54.429 SslCertServerChecker ERROR :: SSL Error discoverd. :: SSL Error: Unknown error
2021-01-17 16:19:54.429 NetworkInitService ERROR :: Certificate check failed
2021-01-17 16:19:54.429 AppInitProgressPage ERROR :: Certificate check is not ok.

These clearly have something to do with the problems some may be experiencing with Download Assistant. Whilst Im a Mac user, certificates validation processes also occur on windows machines as well so this could manifest itself in other ways dependant on platform.

Just wondered if any other users find the App Steinberg Installation Updater missing on their systems as well. My OS is Catalina 10.15.7.

Observations appreciated.
Cheers
David

Further Update.
I just moved a copy of the Steinberg Installation Updater app to my machine and tried running it. I see it comes up with Installation updater app which is the old method of updating and the fallback against Download Assistant failing to work. However the certificate error documented above which causes this fallback software installation method to fail.

I also noted adding the app did not clear the DLA error message problem.