Steinberg Download Assistant install problem - can't open it

I tried downloading the Steinberg Download Assistant for Cubase AI, but it just won’t open. I installed it and clicked “Launch when the installation is finished” and “Create desktop shortcut” and it didn’t open. Then I tried opening it myself and nothing happened, not even a message. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it still doesn’t open. Can anyone help me?

Hello rotemeliaz and welcome to the forum,

Can you share a bit of info here?
Are you on Windows? (which version) or Mac?
Do you have administrator privileges or are you on a business or school computer with limited user privileges?

Just to make sure, the most recent version of the Steinberg Download Assistant (SDA) is here:
Steinberg Download Assistant | Steinberg

If you are using an 'old ’ OS version, you may want have a look at this page for more info

Hi, thanks for replying.

I’m on Windows 10 and I have administrator privileges, it’s my own private computer. I downloaded SDA just by clicking download on the Cubase AI page, and downloading the Windows version on the next page. I also tried downloading through this link too, and I tried running it as an administrator. Still, same response - which is to say - no response.