Steinberg - EUCON. Why are you ignoring Avid users?

Your guess is correct. Visibility issues have not been solved. Nor has the 3 YEAR old bug whereby you cannot mute VCA tracks from the control surface. I detect zero progress for Eucon in 10.5 which is disappointing (although it otherwise has some nice features).

I actually didn’t think, they would update it in this version. But if Eddie Jones really pushes it (which makes sense, regarding their new control surfaces), its gonna happen within a smaller update… I actually believe that its gonna happen.

I hope that you’re right but I have almost abandoned all hope.

+1

Eddie from Avid posted on the avid Facebook page recently that he was in talks with Steinberg recently (probably on the S1/S4, however he did post that although he’d bought up the lack of updates on eucon from Steinberg, he did not push it…Make of that what you will. Steinbetg must be so embarrassed by all this, I mean it’s not actually as if they have a consumer one available of their own, the only company that doesn’t! but note the vintage one in the promo pic for 10.5!

Apart from no eucon update in 10.5 it’s not a headliner upgrade really, still no UHD for PC which was a major selling point of C10 and it’s still not appeared. Horrendous failings from Yamaha/Steinberg.

You’re lucky it works at all :slight_smile:
I can’t get Avid Control to stay connected at all on osx Mojave using the latest EuCon with cubase 10.5 an iPad…it connects, then after 5 seconds disconnects…and just sits there useless…
nothing I try seems to help at all… Protools 12 on the other hand is rock solid using same setup…

Bill P

Wow!! :rage: I don’t know why they don’t just admit that they have confiscated Eucon to force everyone to become Pro Tools users. They clearly aren’t concerned with anyone using a different platform.

Because that’s not true? Steinberg has been sitting on Eucon updates, not Avid. Avid is now working with Steinberg and Apple to try to get some Eucon updates needed for the S1 working in Cubase and Logic, along with fixing other bugs. Avid is clearly just as interested in selling hardware to users of others DAWs. I mean, the only reason I own an Artist Mix is because Eucon works with Cubase, so they’d be hurting themselves if they tried to force me to Pro Tools cause it ain’t happening.

Ironically, Im a protools user who has just migrated to Cubase , !!! (well I use both to be fair) but it is perplexing that Steinberg would drag their heels on something which enhances their product significantly , given that Avid (unusually) are trying to move it forward :slight_smile:

Have you tried the latest release (Eucon 19_12_1_23_106562)? Working well here…

Yes…Ive been looking for that but it seems the PC version is one ahead of the osx version which has not been updated yet !
Bill P

Screenshot 2020-01-04 at 10.25.12.png

I have been wanting EQ and compressor cycling from the Avid Artist Mix and Control Units since forever. Maybe one day… For now we have to manually select them.

Come on guys, lets contact the Avid and Steinberg support, informing about all these issues! These are partly exist for YEARS!
If enough support requests show up, then we maybe have a “bigger voice” and get recognized. Allthough there is Eddie (Avid support) in the Avid forum, I think complaining here in the forum doesn’t get us further. The proper people need to know that we have to workaround these bugs every day and that we payed lots of money for their products. So hopefully they are responsible enough to serve us with appropriate updates in the near future.
Together we are strong :slight_smile:

Is there a manual for the Eucon integration from Steinberg? The “Remote Control Devices” manual does not cover Eucon.

I’ve never seen one so if I were you, I would post any questions you have on this forum and perhaps someone can help.

Meanwhile the “Caught between a rock and a hard place” struggle continues.

1. What is VCAI and how do I use it?
  2. How do I toggle monitor on a channel? (Pushing pan-on a MCU)

Hello, Outsounder, um, I am very new to Eucon and about to grab a second hand unit Euphonix MC MIX, will it be working ok on my Cubase 11 Pro, Mojave osx with the latest Eucon driver…? (*since the unit is discontinued)

I’m not sure about apple, I’m on a PC using artist mix series… The latest Cubendo release has (at last) the eucon updated, hopefully this will be a continuing trend. From what I read the update has been by other apple users.