Steinberg - EUCON. Why are you ignoring Avid users?

Outsounder - thank you for the information and even more for your effort. And of course for the hint!

Thx, Ernst

Any chance we could find a Steinberg Programmer to write a custom driver for us? How much would that cost?

Huh ? I thought Eucon is avid

So what’s your excuse this time Steinberg? Or is it gonna be another statement it’s going to be in the next or next but one upgrade just like you said at the start of the year?

Avid has made it perfectly clear that THEY PURCHASED EUPHONIX ASSETS FOR THEMSELVES! Every non Pro Tools related issue brought to their attention is responded with “Talk to Steinberg, " Talk to Logic, " Talk to…whomever!”

There is barely any effort attending to PT Users complaints (just follow all of the blistering complaints about 19.5 to see what I mean. My system was actually stable at 18.3 then my iPad updated automatically to 19.5. So it no longer works with my stable 18.3! It will not let me roll back! Now, my iPad is a paper weight!). So, we have no other recourse but to PLEAD with our respective providers to address this critical issue.

BTW, does anyone know if the hardware will follow Pro Tools bidirectional 100%?

Have you installed 19.7(1) yet? It resolves the Ipad issue (for me anyway).

Really? I’ve been monitoring the forum waiting for just this kind of news and all I’ve been seeing is horror stories about other bugs in 19.7. The moderator said they were known issues and were trying to resolve them.
See here: Logic X Issues with Eucon 19.7.0.101 - Avid Pro Audio Community
Granted this is with Logic. But that was enough to scare me off.
Can you use the tracks page on PT Control without crashing Eucon or Nuendo? That was my other gigantic problem.

I guess you’re right. I never use the tracks page, I have a Artist Mix which I use for most things and I really only use the Ipad for inserting plugins (soft keys page). I tried using the tracks page and Cubase crashed immediately with the dreaded “too many eucon channels” message
which I haven’t seen for months with my normal workflow.

19.9 is out and includes appsets for Cubase 7-8 and Nuendo.

Does this version WORK without crashing on the tracks page? :open_mouth:

I just tested and it still crashes on the tracks page with Pro Control.
I’m not sure if the appsets for Cubase are anything new.

Well, that’s disappointing but not unexpected! :disappointed_relieved::cry::sob::sob::sob:

I would still like an answer to this question.

I installed it today and can not have my artist working because of this:
“eucon client cannot access the bonjour service”

Any ideas?

That usually requires a complete uninstall of the old version and then do a fresh install, so everything can find what it needs.

Here’s some of the Steinberg claims on updating Eucon adapter.

10 July 2016, Guillermo (support forum) wrote:
“We have already implemented the “Mixer mirror” feature/option but cannot be delivered on the current EuCon(version 2) adapter.”

“We are waiting for the delivery of the next EuCon(version 3) adapter. As soon as we support EuCon 3, this functionality (mixer mirror/track visibility) will be available & usable”

25 March 2018 Oscar (support email) wrote:
"Developers are working on it and some problem with Eucon’s devices should be solved with the next update or the second update from now,

16 September 2019 Oscar (support email) wrote
“I would confirm once time again Steinberg is interested in finding a solution to this problem and our departments are working on in order to understand this issue. However, as you know EuCon is owned by Avid and we do not have any access to EuCon directly and we have only the access our integration part.
These limitations are slowing all the bugfix procedure down. I am sorry about it”

I’d encourage anyone using Eucon to lobby Steinberg support directly, they mostly ignore these forums.

So, should we start a FORMAL PETITION? How many signatures do you think we’d need to make an impression on Steinberg, 1,000, 2,500, 5,000? How big is our base? :question: :neutral_face:

While the “mixer mirror/track visibility” is clearly paramount, I wouldn’t mind it one bit if they’d FIX THE SURROUND PANNING CONTROLS MAPPING! Is that an easier fix? I sure hope so because it’s totally backwards!

You have to go though 4 pages of options (with the 2nd page TOTALLY BLANK!!! :astonished: ) ON THE MC Control! The 1st page that matches the controls on the surround panner channel is page 3!! That’s ridiculous! Object Mode Controls are on page 1. I don’t know about you guys, but, 99% of the time I’m in Bed Mode for mixing music. So, page 3 SHOULD BE page 1. The obvious work around is to JUST USE THE MOUSE/TRACKBALL. Let that sink in.

I’ve lost count of all of the work-arounds that OMIT THE VERY HARDWARE purchased to do that particular task! WTH?!!? :angry:

On the Avid forums, Eddie from Avid indicated they’re working with Steinberg on the Avid S1 and would pass on the questions about the EUCON update.

Fingers crossed.