Steinberg - MIDI Remote Editor roadmap? Critical issues and bugs

Is this about encoder clicks not having a good “resolution”? Doesn’t the CMC QC work fine on its own? (With the provided .dll)

I could try and see for myself, but I don’t have the QC right now, I’ve given to it to my cousin.

I have not tried properly but ive disabled the QC via the GR and setup a MR template and the encoders behave erratic with trying to assign them to either the Plugin Qc’s or the Parameter banks , with the track Qc’s they work fine , so that tells me , my controller works fine but something is broken in the MR plugin QC’s BUT Steinberg discontinued support for the QC , non of the others , just the QC , now you don’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure out why . I have 2 controllers with faders , both work fine with Plugin Qc’s but that’s only a third of my control .
The Beat step , i use as a control room controller only , adjusting main/headphones and listen levels , but i can’t now , they jump and nearly blow your head off going from 0 to past 50% erratically , but as a controller as intended it works fine . You may sit there and say " well all mine work " , bully for you , these ones don’t and im waiting to update BUT , read my other post as to why i haven’t

1 Like

Very much this for me as well. Cubase clicks so well for me as far as the workflow and features go. I tried most other daws but nothing fits as well as Cubase, but this frustration is really getting to me.

Ddon’t let it , life’s short ,. keep making music , they’ll get round to it , i was just pointing out Steinberg staff would of made some noise by now if there was a hotfix on the way , so it’s just a waiting game , BTW the new Icon controllers look very very nice

2 Likes

I noticed monday rolled around again, just checking in on this topic.

1 Like

Sunday already? Started up Cubase this morning and got reminded about how my MIDI controllers can’t be set up properly, so figured I’d drop a line here. Now back to music and some coffee.

Anything updated yet?

Weekend time soon. Maybe something happening?

Not even a hello :frowning:

Not even a cricket.

Not even a short acknowledging reply to

:smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

I have a funny feeling about the week coming :wink:

3 Likes

I also have a funny feeling, but I’m not sure how, or what kind of fun it is yet.

Is the funny feeling for wednesday? It is very soon.

Wednesday might even be today! Maybe it’s the right day to violate the forum rules by repeatedly bumping this? :upside_down_face:

I don’t think keeping this discussion up is breaking any rules :slight_smile:
Also that was clearly the wrong wednesday huh? But hey it is weekend time now!
Who is making some midi remote editor setups this weekend?

1 Like

Weekend again? This increases the weekend counter to 13, and that can’t be good, hm?

:raised_hand: Would be even more fun with a roadmap or even some fixes out :tipping_hand_man:

Have a great weekend y’all!

Ahahahahahahahah!!! Exactly!!!

I do :slight_smile:

However, I have to say that it feels pretty strange to me that there is no info yet on this subject.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree, which is why I do try to keep this alive, even if understandably some people may feel it’s just a waste of time and space.

I consider this a critical problem with Cubase 12, and to me it feels alarming that there’s zero attention from Steinberg in a public way about it.

3 Likes