Steinberg should extend the Cubase 12 refund period

Oh well. I hope it all goes well for you pk. I would have jumped ship long ago if i wasn’t reliant on OMF/AAF and video handling via Decklink, something I’m really dependent on that Cubendo has.

I’m just going to be really annoying here and say I’m loading projects from 2012 into Cubase 12 without a single issue.

Perhaps if your unhappy with it you should get a refund. So yes I would agree with the opening post.

Steinberg have responded that a refund is not possible because I have used the code. I don’t currently have C12 installed anywhere. So I paid that money and it’s wasted. Which is annoying. The lesson I’ve learned from this is that I won’t ever upgrade a Steinberg product without running the demo. I jumped on this one because of multi-track VariAudio. I know it’s working for most people. But it’s also not working for more than just a few. Pretty poor customer service.

Good idea, that should be standard operating procedure – would avoid a lot of pain.

I’ll just end by saying you do own the license, and you’ll very likely be able to use it down the line.

Well, at least your loss doesn’t equal you more than 1.5hrs worth of work. And heck, if you eventually get it working then it won’t be a loss of more than whatever time you had to wait for it to work…

That’s one way of doing it. I typically wait a bit to see what people say, then buy it, then test it, and then use it if it seems fine. The upgrade costs aren’t that high and the features included are generally worth it for me (Nuendo) which is why I bought the upgrade in the first place. I typically don’t find that if I am going to get an upgrade at some point anyway the money that I spent on an upgrade that doesn’t work wouldn’t really have been better invested elsewhere. In other words if I spent $150 on an upgrade and it won’t work for say two months then I fail to see what else I would have used that money for that would have yielded some sort of profit.

2 Likes