Steinberg Solvers

Got it also and everything worked. I did a lot of work in REAPER SWS extension before switching to Cubase so I’m definitely hoping I get in and see what all the fuss is about :slight_smile:

It’s an application to join, I would say, since the respondent is identified from the email link they clicked from, and at the end of the questionnaire the the link says “Join”, if I remember correctly.

Bredo, I do hope they accept you.

They don’t :wink:

No mail here as of yet, would be interested to know more…

Dear customers,

today we’ve sent out the Steinberg Solver Newsletter. While filling the questionaire in some cases display errors can occur, we ask you to accept our apology. Our team is working to resolve the problems. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely your
Steinberg team

Good to read this.
Let’s hope they pick some objective, thorough and experienced people that aren´t driven by emotion.

I’m not sure I’m understanding the questions right. ‘i can adapt and expand my music software myself’.
Does that mean changing settings and adding plugins? Or are they talking about actual coding? The latter seems moot, because we don’t have the source for cubase so even if I had the skills to code, I couldn’t do it for cubase.

“driven by emotion”… Perhaps people are just driven to emotion by buggy software… ???

Don’t worry though. I’m 100% convinced they’ll pick mostly people that are easy to work with and don’t speak up too much or too loudly. That way they can feel like everything is the way it’s supposed to be.

Had it been me I’d have picked those that showed the most passion about parts of the DAW, made sure they’d cover different areas, and taken their input seriously. (As I said in a different thread; it took all of 5 minutes to verify that bugs Steinberg said were solved were still there. Seems to me that I’d make an excellent beta-tester, with the exception that I actually tell them there’s something wrong with the app and the company) That isn’t likely to happen though.

That’s my point.
At the end of the day developers need proper documented user cases and facts to solve issues. Emotion is unnecessary ballast in that regard.

“driven by” implies intent. “proper documented” “cases and facts” implies something else. One can be driven by emotion and at the same time provide what is needed, not to mention if one is driven to emotion rather than by emotion.

I guess smarta$$es like your’s truly need not apply either! :astonished: :laughing:

It is because our systems are perfect :slight_smile:

So what happened with this? Was there any reply from Steinberg regarding Stenberg Solvers questionaire? Anybody knows what it was about, what is to come out of it?

It was just a distraction :wink:

From the real discussion :confused:

Still no news?

I’d imagine people have been selected and notified already… many, if not most, companies insist on some kind of NDA for understandable (to some extent) reasons.

Dear Steinberg customer,

After completing the selection process, you have been chosen from more than 600,000 Steinberg newsletter subscribers to be one of only 650 Steinberg Solvers.

We are pleased to be able to involve you actively in the development of new products and product-testing our music software before all of our other users.

We will inform you about our new developments and innovations in regular intervals. You can then decide for yourself if you have the time and the desire to support our product development with your ideas, comments and suggestions for improvement.

To make better use of your input for product development, and to allow us to invite you to local events, we would like to ask you to check and complete your MySteinberg profile with your postal address:

Complete your profile now

Please be sure that we will use your personal information only for this purpose and won’t share it with others.

Thank you for your participation!

The Steinberg Solver Team

We know where to find you, he he :wink:

Nothing beyond the email though, waiting for more info.

I’d be interested in knowing how many “solvers” are on Cubase and how many are on Nuendo, as well as how many are doing music, gaming or post-production.