Steinberg Summer Sale

Steinberg seem to have a Summer Sale on for their instruments.

I can’t tell what HALion 6 “Full Version” has that the Dorico bundled SE version doesn’t. And it’s not clear if there’s an upgrade from the Dorico bundle.

The Olympus Choir Elements upgrade looks quite good, if you want better voices. (Or it would be if you hadn’t just bought the Requiem Light package… :unamused: )

There is probably no automatic support for these sounds in Dorico?!?

benwiggy » 07 Aug 2020 18:41

The Olympus Choir Elements upgrade looks quite good, if you want better voices.

The Steinberg website includes a comparison chart between the Olympus Choir “Micro” version included in Dorico Pro and the optional “Elements” version. From the chart, the Elements includes a larger number of samples but also a larger variety of vowel sounds/articulations in addition to the “ah” sounds included in Micro. Basically, I wonder whether the greater number of samples in the Elements version relates mainly to the additional vowel articulations or whether there is also a difference in the quality of sound between the two versions even when using only the “ah” articulation that is included in Micro. I would love to hear from any other Dorico users who have upgraded to the Elements version and are able to comment.

There’s no difference in the qualiy of the sounds; there is simply a greater variety of sounds in Olympus Choir Elements.

Thanks, Daniel.