Steinberg support: how long to get a reply?

Hi,

on May 31 (so 5 days ago), for the first time ever, I submitted a support request to Steinberg, using the dedicated form in MySteinberg area. It’s about an issue which is driving me crazy and incredibly slowing my work (basically I cannot route many tracks to a group with shift + alt + click, which is a pain when you had to work with projects with 70-80 or more tracks…).

I haven’t received yet a single reply. I’m sorry to say that this is not professional service.

So (for the future), how long should we expect to wait when submitting a support request?

Check and make sure the email address you have associated with support is one you use. There was a time where the same thing happened to me and I found I had an old email address associated with it and they in fact did respond.

The email address is correct because as soon as I submitted the request I received an automatic email saying that the request was successfully sent.

Ahhh… ok. Well, at least it eliminates that. You could try sending another?

Which Steinberg support are you talking about? Here is the US when you email support it goes to a team here is the US. I generally hear back from them within 24 hours. The staff have been the same people for years, I usually correspond with two or three of the same people.

So, are you in the States or somewhere else?

No, I currently live in Belgium but I submitted the request in English (in the form I could choose among a few), hoping to get an even faster reply…but it’s clear I was wrong :slight_smile:

im the same it’s been nearly 2 weeks now and still no reply and yes I had the automated email

:open_mouth:

Check if “sync project & console” is enabled (in menu preferences) then you should select your tracks and
route then in a group whith shift-alt clic

If you are referring to “Sync Selection in Project Window and MixConsole”, yes it was already enabled… :frowning:

May be you work on windows ?

shift-alt can be a shortcut for windows wich can change parameters
on your keyboard (uk / fr …) (i had this problem with cubase)
you can disable this shortcut in the windows config panel.

no, I’m on Mac. I checked if shift + alt (option in this case) was already assigned to other functions.

Thanks

[/quote]No, I currently live in Belgium but I submitted the request in English (in the form I could choose among a few), hoping to get an even faster reply…but it’s clear I was wrong :slight_smile:[/quote]

You could try the telephone. Tech support in Germany, just over the border from you, is on (0049) 40 42236115, and you should talk with Fabio Bartolini. He is very pro active, and should be able to help. Your product should be registered first ! :slight_smile:

Edit : From within Belgium the telephone number you want for Tech support is : 0902 40056.
Although I think a call to this number will be charged at 1 Euro per minute.