Steinberg Support Poll

If you live in the USA have you called them?

I voted “GOOD” but as of right now, the POOP score is quite high.

Yes, it is a big problem that you can see votes before you vote. A proper way is to close the voting before the result is published.

I live in the UK and getting through has been an issue. Luckily both my issues were sorted with the help of Martin.J.

I did not see the votes before I voted. I hit my vote and then it showed the data.

Even tho Steinberg support is unacceptable,
the YouTube Q&A videos by Greg Ondo, are phenomenal.

i’ve used them twice and both times they were quick and very helpful and my issues were resolved quickly…last time was because i couldn’t purchase an upgrade because my country wasn’t recognised by the website and it took about an hour or two for them to reply to my email and once i realised what was happening (i used a VPN and was able to purchase my upgrade) and let them know they fixed the issue within another couple of hours…

most of the time i can find the answers i need here though…martin specifically is very helpful and doesn’t beat around the bush with niceties which i appreciate

I haven’t contacted them since I ran Cubase on an Atari

I’ve used tech support Toronto about 15 or so times in the past 25 years. Always helped.

All this poll suggests is how bad people are at getting support… Martin literally replies to pretty much every single thread in Issues.

No reply from a support ticket is, in my books, poop support.

check your All Mail category if you’re on Gmail.

I’ve always got a reply from email support.

EDIT: the poll was reset? It had more votes, and I had already voted, but then it went back to 0 and I was able to vote again.

Yeah, Im sure its a mail filtering issue. =P

3 months later, I got a response. Then the .de tech asked me to repeat the ENTIRE case to them, as I had already done for the Yamaha/Steinberg tech, and then started troubleshooting like it was their first tech support job. 3 weeks after replying to the tech, I got another reply, which I replied to. That was 2 weeks ago. Still no replies.

However the other night I was tired and made a mistake. I bought the $50 Halion 3 SE > Halion 6 Pro update when it was on sale, but I only own Halion 3 Sonic SE and do not qualify. Support was available INSTANTLY and got back to me within hours.

Sales support is extremely rapid, yes, while tech support - especially for sticky, long term issues that Steinberg has no current solution for - is some of the slowest, worst Ive ever experienced.

I am not sure what the story is here. I thought that I was the only one that could edit this poll. And somehow there is an extra option.
Which makes no sense because the question is for those that have received support, not those that have not requested support. I will keep bumping it up. This time I would appreciate it if ‘whoever’ didn’t reset it and change the options. Thanks :unamused:

Someone was maybe not pleased with the results. I have voted again.

Bump

B-U-M-P spells Bump

The new option makes perfect sense. Every time someone who didn’t ask for support will answer your poll about the quality of Steinberg support received, if ever(!!!), it will lower the percentage of the other « bad » options… :unamused:

Blink

:sunglasses:

Hi! I don’t know what’s wrong with Steinberg now, but there is absolutely failed support service quality. 5 days ago I found so I cant login to mysteinberg page. Site stuck sending me verification code to my email, even I talked with my provider for custom SPAM filters or smth, checked my snap/junk folders. Its obvious a problem on Steinbergs side. I wrote to support and… still got nothing… support person asks me check spam/junk blablabla…He offer me to check a problem soon… not now, not tomorrow, because he cant/not able to to it… blablabla. I wondering It is normal support for so much valued soft? I m professional musician and Im paying by my time and money for unqualified and unorganised service. Seems to be it is a fail.

P.S. Please don’t talk me about covid, please! If you can do, you do!