STeinberg website : NEWS

I noticed that after the maintenance of the website this NEWS item is gone where all the announcements where made of new updates etc.
Is there a new link to thiese items?

No, and the fact that it was discussed here already twice with no reaction shows that SB donā€™t care about their users at all.
Did I mention already that I spent my money this month again for a UVI product? THEY care about their customersā€¦

Yes, check: Menu - Support

The News-site told you about offers, updates, new software,warnings etc.
I am afraid I do not see that under ā€œsupportā€.

It is a shame ā€˜NEWSā€™ is gone from the the main websiteā€¦

I guess they want us all to go here instead from now on:-
Latest Announcements topics - Steinberg Forums

You have to go via the ā€˜pressā€™ link at the bottom of the website:-

Maybe they will merge that in with the ā€˜storiesā€™ option at the top right of the main page, as it mentions ā€˜Storiesā€™ on there?

Hmā€¦ does it?

There are more frequent posts to the announcements category here that @Puma0382 posted than that news ā€˜feedā€™ā€¦

Thanks Steve and @Puma0382 !

I get all the news announcements every time I boot Cubase up. In the left hub.

2 Likes

where is RSS ?

Thereā€™s none for the website, but you can subscribe to the announcements feed of the forum which is a good replacement for the old news feed: https://forums.steinberg.net/c/announcements/5.rss

1 Like

Thank you

Excellent, thank you!

Why is the news section on the website gone??? Bring it back!!!

Typically Steinberg, they never heard of ā€œif it ainā€™t broke donā€™t fix itā€.

Sadly, Steinberg doesnā€™t seem interested in clarifying the situation regarding the updates.

The place to be informed seems to be the forum in The Announcements thread. But here too, there is no consistency. This morning I saw the announcement of an update for Cubase 11.0.41 in The Cubase Thread and not in The Announcement Thread. So, it must be deduced that if there are updates to Dorico, HALion, URxx, WaveLab, SpectralLayer, etc., it will be necessary to make sure to visit each of these Threads to make sure to see the announcement. an update of these products. Because The Anouncement Thread is not necessarily the place to know the updates available. Unfortunately consistency is lacking here.

If the forum is now the sacred place of updates, please insert a Thread only dedicated for this and give it the name of UPDATES or NEW UPDATES

CONSTANCE, CONSTANCE, CONSTANCE ā€¦

Actually, there is an announcement about the Cubase update in the Announcements section but itā€™s preceded by all the older pinned threads. :wink:

btw, pinned threads can be unpinned by user, per user

Is it possible to be informed in a consistent way, that is to say to have a place clearly defined as being the place where one can be informed of the latest updates and this for all Steinberg products?

The old Steinberg.net site was so much more interesting from this point of view. Sometimes novelty is not necessarily a guarantee of effectiveness.

Clarified things and let us know how you intend to proceed with the update announcements ā€¦ via the softwares (not the Hub) will be the best way. It would be great if Cubase knew there is an update for itself ā€¦

The past awaits :rofl::
https://web.archive.org/web/19980120044533/http://steinberg.net/

Image from : La JetƩe (1962) (La JetƩe - Wikipedia)