Steinberg's 64-bit bridge sucks compared to jBridge?

The VSTBridge was always an interim solution.

With hindsight, Steinberg should probably just have embedded jBridge and they would have had a LOT less customer headaches.

You have to take into effect that Steinberg has to equally support the Mac platform, of which no JBridge exists (yet).

It may be a little pricey, but a viable alternative is to use Vienna Ensemble Pro. Their customer support is stellar, and they’ve piled resources into making as many plugins compatible as possible. It’s saved my butt in so many instances.

VE pro for fx possible? Or VSTi only?

It’s meant for VST Instruments, not really as an FX wrapper. But you can use VST FX within the VE Pro mixer on VSTi hosted inside.

Currently it’s only for VSTi or VSTi with FX, not FX without the VSTi…!

There is an update planned that will allow audio input, so this will work with FX There has been no announced release date for this featured yet.

DG

DG,

Is that FX for digital audio from the DAW across the LAN, or for slave-local audio input?

The latter would require a high-quality audio interface in the slave.

I can’t answer your question, because the product isn’t available yet.

DG

"Use x86 cubase, and VSTi that use lots of ram (samplers, romplers) bridged through jBridge giving them access to more ram. "

is this really possible.I have macbookpro 64bit with 8gig rams…So i open cubase in 32bit and somehow can use some (kontakt/massive/goliath/predator) instruments in 64 bit mode via this bridge?HOw does it actually work.Little step by step would be really appreciated.cheers!

Windows only.

DG

was thinking of buying jbridge as it seems to get great reviews. any users out there advise me on how latency works with c6 on the mac? ie are the plugins compensated as per usual?

Thanks everybody

S

J-Bridge is Windows only.

DG