Steinberg's dongle alternative coming

In the course of this year, we will introduce new and shorter USB-eLicensers which should be more robust.

Ta Ed,

That’s good to hear thanks. I personally don’t mind the idea of a DONGLE and I am totally against CRACKED copied software etc. But unfortunately I have found the current USB to be very flimsy and unreliable.

So, any idea as to when the NEW DESIGN may be released please?

Best,

Paul

Any tip of around what month this will happen?

Badass metal dongle

Is it not reasonable to assume that if Ed could have been more specific than “in the course of this year…”, he would have? :confused:

Hi,

Well even first half or second half would be extremely helpful. I am DONGLE-LESS at the moment and the next one I purchase will be NUMBER 4 (in only 3 x years)!

Paul

It’s going to be the second half of this year.

Hi Ed,

Thanks very much indeed.

Paul

(Mmm, it appears that some of my posts on this topic have been removed this evening!?).

6 years with the same dongle. Not issue here

Sturdier dongles could result in damaged USB ports/cards/ hubs etc. Expensive to repair on a laptop. I bought a USB utility pack from Aldi a few years ago, it included a short USB extension cable, from which my dongle has dangled since. I’ve had at least one incident since then which may have resulted in a broken dongle/damaged USB socket, but the dongle is still intact.

Hi,

My USB EXTENSION (from eBay costing 1GBP) arrived today. I thought this may be of help/use to others on the forum.

Just need to wait for the new dongle design to be released now. This and the extension lead should hopefully be a suffice and reliable combination. Hopefully the new release will be shortly after June.

Cheers,

Paul

Hi,

Is ALDI the wisest choice of store to purchase computer-ware from!?

Paul

Not necessarily, but for something as low-value as a USB extension lead it’s fine and probably dirt cheap.

Paul, I was looking at your pictures and I couldn’t help but notice all the chewing gum wrapped around your USB dongle. what’s up with that?

monsterjazzlicks wrote "Is ALDI the wisest choice of store to purchase computer-ware from!? I wasn’t advising anyone to get their extension lead from Aldi Paul, even though there’s nothing wrong with Aldi products. I don’t think I’d have advised getting the cable from eBay though…

Still, I’m glad you were receptive to my post and have adopted my idea.

Hi there Woodcrest,

Well I did give a full explanation with PGN’s over the weekend but all the posts got removed by a Moderator (for being ‘off topic’). So I just left it and put it down to forum rules&regs. I have heard that you can have your account closed down for posting unrelated replies/questions (to the subject-matter of the thread) and I don’t want to risk that happening to me!

But feel free to PM or even SKYPE me any time mate.

Cheers,

Paul

Thermonic

Sure mate, I think you were meaning that you personally purchased one from there which you believe to be adequate for your needs. Rather than gospel advice for others.

In all probability, the USB I won on eBay is most likely not dissimilar to you Aldi model!

Best,

Paul

Only five days left.

Adamantium-like dongle.

More like ‘unobtanium’! :wink:

I bought this 10cm USB extension on Amazon (there are also on eBay by searching “USB 10cm”), and this protects the USB plug of my eLicenser dongle (weakest part of the dongle).

I usually plug it here, unplug it there. if I didn’t have this USB extension to bear for it, my dongle would have ended up breaking by now.

USB.png